Event hosts and keynote speakers include:
• Sean Rugless - President & CEO, Greater Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky African American Chamber of Commerce
• Phil Castellini - COO, Cincinnati Reds
• Wendy Lewis - Senior Vice President of Diversity, Inclusion & Strategic Alliances, Major League Baseball
• Iris Roley - President, DeFuze It
• Rev. Damon Lynch III - Pastor, New Prospect Baptist Church
• Michael Battle - Executive Vice President, National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
• 5:30 p.m.: Doors open to NURFC (free admission)
• 5:30 to 6:15 p.m.: Networking
• 6:15 p.m.: Program begins
• The foundation of this event began as Cincinnati played host to the 2015 MLB All-Star Game.
• Mr. Castellini, Ms. Lewis, Ms. Foley and Rev. Lynch were part of the "All Lives Matter: A Social Justice Dialogue of Faith, Community and Baseball" diversity summit held during All-Star Week at the Freedom Center.
• The topics of discussion were education, economic development, jobs, health and welfare and criminal justice-related issues.
• Local community and business leaders in attendance expressed interest in continuing to provide a forum to discuss those important matters.
• The African American Chamber became the newest partner to the group through its PROSPER 2016 initiative that brings focus to the economic challenges facing African Americans in our region.
Black Businesses Matter: Pathway to Prosperity
Black History Month Community Forum on Economics
Wednesday, Feb. 10, 2016
5:30 to 8 p.m.
National Underground Railroad Freedom Center - Grand Hall
50 E. Freedom Way, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Admission is free. RSVP in advance is preferred: http://goo.gl/S3aTn4 or (513) 751-9900.