The Pittsburgh Pirates and AAA Travel, the preferred travel agency of the Pirates, have teamed up to offer fans an opportunity to follow the Bucs to San Juan, Puerto Rico this May. During the three-day, four night trip, guests will have the chance to attend both games of the Pirates special two-game series vs. the Miami Marlins at San Juan's Hiram Bithorn Stadium on Monday, May 30 and Tuesday, May 31.
The AAA Featured Vacation is scheduled to leave Pittsburgh on Saturday, May 28 and return from San Juan on Wednesday, June 1. Each package comes complete with a ticket to each of the two games in San Juan as well as roundtrip airfare from Pittsburgh, and three nights of accommodations at a beachfront hotel and more.
"The Pirates are thrilled to partner with AAA Travel to offer this Puerto Rico trip to our fans," Pirates President Frank Coonelly said. "Our organization has a great connection to Puerto Rico and we very much look forward to returning the team to the homeland of Pirates great Roberto Clemente."
Included in the travel package for the AAA Member rate of $2,659 per person, double occupancy:
- Reserved box seat for two games with the Miami Marlins on May 30 and May 31
- Roundtrip from Pittsburgh to San Juan flights
- Two checked bags per person
- Four nights at the iconic beachfront Hilton Caribe
- Luggage handling at hotel
- Exclusive private open-bar cocktail reception with Pirates executives and alumni
- Roundtrip transportation to and from San Juan Airport, hotel & games
- Tour of historic Old San Juan
- Tour of the distillery at the Casa Bacardí Visitor Center
- On-site "Esoteric Sports" host
Ticket packages are limited and will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis. To order a package or to find out more information visit AAA.com/CaribbeanEscapes, call 1-800-354-8761 or visit your local AAA Travel office.
Individual tickets for the series in San Juan will go on sale at a later date. These two games will be considered home games for the Marlins. This will be the Pirates' first trip to Puerto Rico since July 8-11, 2004, when they played a four-game series against the Montreal Expos.