Major League Baseball, along with Authentic Collection partners Majestic and New Era, today unveiled a new on-field look for Spring Training that includes lighter-weight uniforms, several new cap designs, specially-marked balls and other on-field elements. The jerseys are a part of Majestic's new Flex Base uniform system, a design developed through insights from Major League players, innovative fabric technologies and extensive wear testing over the last two years. The new Flex Base uniforms feature a new, lighter weight twill technology and mesh panels on the sides of the jerseys which reduce the overall weight of jerseys by 10-20% and enhance freedom of movement. These will debut in Spring Training and be worn throughout the Championship Season and Postseason. Players will continue to wear New Era's lightweight, performance-based Diamond Era 59FIFTY caps throughout Spring Training.
The primary logos of each Spring Training league, which includes a highway-like road sign with state initials, are located on both caps and jerseys. On the caps, patches of these logos are on the left side, while the right side features an embossed American or National League logo. All jerseys will include the state logo patch on one of the sleeves. The names and numbers on the backs of all jerseys will feature a sublimated Spring Training design pattern featuring Spring Training marks and the silhouetted batter logo. These sublimated designs are also found on the inside of the caps' crowns.
A number of Clubs have altered some part of their Spring Training jerseys, but the D-backs, White Sox, Brewers and Rays have all-new designs:
• The D-backs are going to wear their new red alternate jersey with a black diamond gradient on the shoulders
• The White Sox utilize their "batter up" logo on the left chest
• The Brewers will wear their new alternate navy jerseys with "Milwaukee" script across the front
• The Rays sport the bright sunburst alternate mark on the left chest Here is a link to all of the Spring Training jerseys.
Several clubs will also sport new designs on New Era's Diamond Era caps this Spring Training. Following are some of the most significant changes.
• The D-backs will wear their new alternate cap featuring the snakehead logo, which was introduced in December
• The White Sox have a black cap highlighting their 'batter up' logo in white stitching
• The Tigers' road cap is completely orange
• The Royals' "KC" now includes a crown over the top
• In addition to their traditional "LA" cap, the Dodgers are adding a blue cap with a capital "D" in Dodgers script on the front
• The Brewers new alternate cap features their iconic ball and glove logo
• The Rangers "T" has an outline of the state of Texas behind it
• The Blue Jays' cap is navy and features a Maple Leaf in the same shade
Here is a link to all of the Spring Training caps.
"Spring Training represents a unique blend of hope, excitement and anticipation for baseball fans and we believe it deserves to be celebrated as a special event with a more cohesive look on our uniforms and fields," said Noah Garden, MLB Executive Vice President, Business. "We are grateful to our partners at Majestic and New Era that continue to offer MLB clubs innovative new fabrications so players can perform at their highest levels and unique designs that provide interesting extensions to team identities for our fans."
Consistent with how Major League Baseball brands Jewel Events, increased Spring Training imagery also will be featured on-the field. Rawlings baseballs will be stamped with this year's Grapefruit League and Cactus League logos. The bases used in every Spring Training matchup will feature jewels of the league logos and the on-deck circles will also showcase the AZ and FL marks. Additionally, Spring Training fields are scheduled to be stenciled with the Grapefruit and Cactus marks, similar to the Opening Day, All-Star and Postseason field décor.