Yo know it! Cespedes' NY return now official

Yo know it! Cespedes' NY return now official

Yoenis Cespedes is officially back.

The Mets announced Tuesday night they have re-signed the 30-year-old outfielder to a three-year contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but sources previously told MLB.com the contract is worth $75 million with an opt-out clause after the upcoming season.

"Yoenis was a big contributor to our success last year," said Mets general manager Sandy Alderson. "Ownership's ongoing commitment allowed us to bring back the right player at the right time to put us in a position to defend our NL East crown."

Cespedes, who became the 11th Cuban-born player to play for the Mets, was third in the Majors with 83 extra-base hits, tied for sixth in doubles, ninth in RBIs and led the Majors with a .623 road slugging percentage in 2015.

"I loved my experience with the Mets last season," said Cespedes. "In a short period of time, my teammates and the fans made New York feel like home, and I truly felt embraced by the entire organization. As I entered free agency, I couldn't deny the pull to come back and finish what we had started last year. I am excited to finally announce that next season I am coming back to join the New York Mets once again."

Cespedes, a 2014 All-Star and 2015 American League Gold Glove winner, leads the Majors with 28 outfield assists since his debut in '12.

"It's great to have his big bat back in the middle of the lineup," said manager Terry Collins. "He really lengthens the lineup and makes everyone around him better."

Cespedes is a .271/.319/.486 career hitter with 106 homers, 124 doubles and 376 RBIs in four Major League seasons with the A's, Red Sox, Tigers and Mets.

Cash Kruth is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter at @cashkruth. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.