Colorado Rockies agree to three-year contract with outfielder Gerardo Parra
The Colorado Rockies announced Tuesday that they have agreed to terms on a three-year contract with free agent outfielder Gerardo Parra.
- Parra, 28, was on the Opening Day roster for the Milwaukee Brewers in 2015, and played 100 games for the Brewers last season before being traded to the Baltimore Orioles on July 31. With Milwaukee, he batted .328 (106-for-323) with 53 runs, 24 doubles, five triples, nine home runs, 31 RBI, nine stolen bases, 20 walks and 57 strikeouts. In 55 games with Baltimore, he batted .237 (53-for-224) with 30 runs, 12 doubles, five home runs, 20 RBI, five stolen bases, eight walks and 35 strikeouts.
- Originally signed by the Arizona Diamondbacks as an amateur free agent on August 30, 2004, the Santa Barbara, Zulia, Venezuela native has a career .277 batting average (920-for-3,326) with 429 runs, 182 doubles, 37 triples, 56 home runs, 311 RBI, 69 stolen bases, 232 walks and 616 strikeouts.
- Parra has two career Gold Gloves, having won in left field in 2011 and in right field in 2013 while with the Diamondbacks. He became the first player to win the Gold Glove at two different outfield positions.
- Over the course of six seasons, Parra has played for Arizona (2009-14), Milwaukee (2014-15) and Baltimore (2015).
- Parker, 26, batted .179 (19-for-106) with 10 runs, three doubles, one triple, three home runs, 11 RBI, one stolen base, six walks and 37 strikeouts in 46 games for the Rockies in 2015.
- Parker was selected by the Rockies in the first round (26th pick) of the 2010 First-Year Player Draft and made his Major League debut on June 16, 2014. He has batted .182 (24-for-132) with 11 runs, four doubles, one triple, three home runs, 12 RBI, one stolen base, six walks and 51 strikeouts across 64 career games with the Rockies.
The Rockies currently have a full 40-man roster.