The Chicago Cubs will host the 31st annual Cubs Convention next week, January 15-17, 2016, at the Sheraton Grand Chicago, featuring manager Joe Maddon, his coaching staff, players from the current Cubs roster, alumni and prospects. The 2016 Cubs Convention will include autograph opportunities, new panel sessions, enhanced activities and traditional fan favorites during the three-day weekend.
Cubs Convention's Opening Ceremony begins Friday, January 15, at 6 p.m., kicking off the weekend with player introductions on an elevated runway that will provide special VIP access to children 16-and-under. Following the Opening Ceremony, guests will find some of their favorite Cubs and young prospects signing autographs for an exciting Surprise Signing Game. The event's first day concludes with a special Friday Night with Ryan Dempster show presented by Budweiser, featuring interviews with Cubs players, coaches and alumni, comedy vignettes and interactive games.
Saturday's program continues with fan favorites such as the return of Cubs Feud and Cubs Jeopardy, which features unique trivia with Cubs alumni. Popular reoccurring Saturday sessions will be back, including Baseball Management, Cubs Business Operations Update, Joe Maddon & His Coaching Staff, Kids Only Press Conference presented by Advocate Children's Hospital, Life Off the Field, Meet the New Cubs and Ricketts Family. The evening will conclude with long-time Convention favorite Cubs Bingo presented by Budweiser and led by Wayne Messmer.
Sunday's program concludes with additional autograph sessions and panels including Down on the Farm and Once a Cub, Always a Cub.
In addition to the sessions highlighted above, the Convention includes several new and returning activities throughout the weekend for fans:
- Fans can check out the Cubs in Cooperstown panel for a chance to listen to Cubs Hall of Famers Fergie Jenkins, Ryne Sandberg and Billy Williams chat about their lives in baseball and what it means to be in the National Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Javier Baez, Kris Bryant, Addison Russell and Kyle Schwarber will share their first-season experiences in the big leagues with fans during the Rock Star Rookies panel presented by Wintrust.
- Cy Young winners Jake Arrieta, Fergie Jenkins and Rick Sutcliffe will answer fan questions and relive their award-winning seasons as part of the Cy Young Winners session.
- Clark's Clubhouse will host fun games, face painting, caricatures, balloon artists, a coloring station, inflatable T-ball and inflatable speed pitch.
- Cubs Charities, located again this year on the main lobby floor, will feature a variety of items and opportunities for sale, including private player meet-and-greets, baseballs, ball cubes, autographed mystery baseballs, grab bags and a garage sale. The Anthony Rizzo Family Foundation will host a raffle as well.
- Guests can visit a dedicated social media area, featuring giveaways, charging stations, an interactive photo print station and special player visits throughout the weekend.
A percentage of the proceeds from Cubs Convention benefits Cubs Charities. To date, Cubs Convention has raised more than $4 million for Cubs Charities.