Old Dominion Freight Line (NASDAQ: ODFL) announced today it has extended its marketing partnership with the New York Mets as the team's official freight provider.
In February, ODFL will help kick off the 2016 season with the "Move the Mets" event at Citi Field for a send-off to Spring Training in Port St. Lucie, FL.
As part of the partnership, OD-branded signage will be at home plate and on the main scoreboard. The company will be on the forefront of technology as the presenting sponsor of iBeacon, which enables mobile check-in, social media, offers, rewards and exclusive content on iOS devices at Citi Field.
"We are excited and proud to continue our partnership with Old Dominion Freight Line," said Mets Vice President of Corporate Partnerships, Sales and Service Wes Engram. "We appreciate existing partners like ODFL that continue to significantly invest in the Mets brand and product."
"We are very pleased to extend our contract with the New York Mets for another three years," said David Carter, vice president, marketing and communications, Old Dominion Freight Line. "They have proven to be a great sports marketing partner for ODFL. We look forward to continuing a successful relationship."
For more information about Old Dominion, visit www.odfl.com or call (800) 432-6335. On Twitter: @ODFL_Inc and Facebook: Old Dominion Freight Line Inc.
About Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. (NASDAQ: ODFL) is a leading, less-than-truckload ("LTL"), union-free company providing premium service to all its customers. OD offers regional, inter-regional and national LTL service. In addition to its core LTL services, the company offers its customers a broad range of logistics services including ground and air expedited transportation, supply chain consulting, transportation management, truckload brokerage, container delivery and warehousing. In addition, Old Dominion offers a consumer product for household moving: OD Household Services. Through strategic partnerships, the Company also offers international freight forwarding services throughout the world. Old Dominion's claims ratio and on-time record are among the best in the industry. For more than 80 years, Old Dominion has been helping the world keep promises.
Recently, Old Dominion was recognized with the following acknowledgements for company leadership in the industry:
• Forbes Magazine named Old Dominion as one of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies for the third consecutive year.
• Fortune Magazine named CEO David Congdon to its 2015 Businessperson of the Year list.
• For the sixth consecutive year, Logistics Management honored OD with its Quest for Quality Award.
• Mastio & Company ranked Old Dominion as No. 1 National LTL carrier for the sixth consecutive year.
• 2015 SmartWay Excellence Award winner
• Inbound Logistics magazine recognized Old Dominion as a 2015 Top 100 Trucker and named the company to its 75 Green Supply Chain Partners (G75) List for the fifth consecutive year.
• Commercial Carrier Journal ranked OD No. 10 on the 2015 Top 250 Carriers list.
• NASSTRAC honored the company as 2015 Carrier of the Year for the third consecutive year.
• SupplyChainBrain named ODFL in its 2015 "100 Great Supply Chain Partners" listing.
• CIO magazine recognized Old Dominion for IT Excellence with the CIO 100 Award for the fifth consecutive year.
• Fortune Magazine named OD as one of the Top 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
• FleetOwner magazine honored OD with Fleet of the Year Award.