The Chicago White Sox released an initial list of ballpark promotions and dates for the 2016 season.
Moving to a new weekday this season, the White Sox will feature "Free T-Shirt Thursdays" - allowing the first 10,000 fans who enter U.S. Cellular Field to take home a specially designed T-shirt for each of the nine Thursday games throughout the season. This is the third season of this promotion, which was previously held during Monday games.
The promotional schedule will feature 12 Friday fireworks nights at the ballpark including Italian Heritage Night and Fireworks, presented by Beggars Pizza (May 6 vs. Minnesota). Also, fan-favorite Elvis Night is scheduled for Friday, August 26 vs. Seattle.
In addition to the traditional favorite fireworks shows and theme nights, the 2016 schedule is highlighted by premium giveaways throughout the year. An initial list of giveaway items includes:
· Opening Day Schedule Magnet, presented by Miller Lite (April 8 vs. Cleveland)
· White Sox Winter Hat (April 9 vs. Cleveland)
· White Sox Wall Calendars (April 18-21 vs. Los Angeles Angels)
· MLB Network Tote Bag (April 22 vs. Texas)
· Día de la Familia and Abreu Plush Bleacher Creature (April 23 vs. Texas)
· Cinco de Miller, presented by Miller Lite (May 5 vs. Boston)
· Halfway to St. Patrick's Day, Fireworks and Green Cap Giveaway, presented by Miller Lite (September 9 vs. Kansas City)
Additional events, theme nights and giveaways will be added and announced as Opening Day approaches. The promotional schedule can be found at whitesox.com/promos.
Holiday Packs, Pick 14 and Pick 7 plans are on sale now. Holiday packs, which include four vouchers redeemable for 74 different games in 2016 (excluding Opening Day and other select games), allow the recipient the flexibility of picking the games they wish to attend. Pick 14 plans, starting at $110 per seat, also offer fans flexible game dates and savings off 2016 individual game ticket prices. Eighty-one and 27-game ticket plans also are available for purchase. Additional information regarding available ticket plans and options is available by visiting whitesox.com or calling 312-674-1000.