The Miami Marlins front office will shut down on Thursday, November 19 to participate in the sixth annual Marlins Ayudan Day of Service and Philanthropy. The day will be held in partnership with The Miami Foundation's Give Miami Day, the most active day of philanthropic giving in South Florida history.
The day will kick-off on the West Plaza of Marlins Park, where Marlins employees will be split into nine Service Squads. Each squad will participate in two activities: generating philanthropic funds for Give Miami Day and participating in a service project with their community partner.
"Giving back is central to the Marlins' commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility," said Marlins President David Samson. "Not only will we be partnering with The Miami Foundation and Give Miami Day for the third straight year, Marlins Ayudan Blue Shirts will immerse ourselves in nine locations for really cool activities."
From 1 to 4 p.m, with the help of HandsOn Miami, teams will begin their service projects with each of their corresponding partner organizations.
The nine Marlins service project locations are:
- Citizenship - Vizcaya Gardens and Museum - 3251 S Miami Ave, Miami, FL 33129
- Commitment - Greynolds Park - 17530 W Dixie Hwy, North Miami Beach, FL 33160
- Courage - Marian Center - 15701 NW 37th Avenue, Miami Gardens, FL 33054*
- Determination - Kensington Park Elementary - 711 Northwest 30th Avenue, Miami, FL 33125
- Excellence - Pepper Park - 1355 NW 135th St, North Miami, FL 33167
- Integrity - Humane Society of Greater Miami - 16101 W Dixie Hwy, N. Miami Beach, FL 33160
- Justice - Miami Rescue Mission - 2159 NW 1st Ct, Miami, FL 33127
- Persistence - Miami Dade College - Wolfson Campus - 300 N.E. 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33132
- Teamwork - Miami Senior High School - 2450 SW 1st St, Miami, FL 33135
*This Service Project will take place from 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
About Marlins Community Impact
The Marlins are committed to leaving a legacy that will make our fans, neighbors and partners proud through the values of Corporate Social Responsibility. Since the Ballpark was approved, the Marlins Foundation has gifted over $5 Million to South Florida charities and Marlins Ayudan has performed over 34,000 hours of service. Marlins Ayudan is our employee service corps willing and ready to effectuate positive change in the South Florida community.
About The Miami Foundation
Established in 1967, The Miami Foundation has helped hundreds of people create personal, permanent and powerful legacies by establishing custom, charitable funds. With foundation expertise, fund holders have fostered the arts, awarded scholarships, championed diversity, taught kids to read, and provided food and shelter for the hungry and homeless. More than $170 million in grants and scholarships have been awarded in the foundation's 45-year history. Today, the foundation stewards more than $200 million in charitable assets. For more information about The Miami Foundation, please visit miamifoundation.org.
About HandsOn Miami:
HandsOn Miami inspires, equips and mobilizes people to take action to positively effect change in Miami-Dade County. To learn more about HandsOn Miami's upcoming service opportunities or to schedule a volunteer orientation at your organization or place of business, please call 305.504.4510 or visit us online at www.HandsOnMiami.org.