CINCINNATI (Oct. 20, 2015) - The Reds Hall of Fame & Museum is offering free admission to fans 17 and under on "Kids Weekend" this Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 24 & 25. The Hall of Fame will be open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days.
Special programming and activities are planned for kids and families all weekend, including:
- Free batting cages each day with instruction from a former Reds player
- Saturday: 1999 Rookie of the Year Scott Williamson (10 to 11 a.m.)
- Sunday: Reds Hall of Famer Ron Oester (11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- Autograph signings with Scott Williamson (Saturday, 11 to 11:30 a.m.) and Ron Oester (Sunday, 12:30 to 1 p.m.)
- Meet a Reds mascot and take your photo with a World Series trophy
- Saturday: 11:30 a.m. to Noon
- Sunday: 1 to 1:30 p.m.
- Show how fast you can throw in Strike Zone, presented by Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine. All ages are welcome to throw and prizes will be awarded to the fastest throw in different age groups. (Noon to 2 p.m. both days)
- Hold a piece of Reds history by putting on the curator's gloves and learning about artifacts at the Discovery Table
(12 to 4 p.m. both days)
- Win great prizes on the "Wheel of Fame" for a $10 donation - everyone is a winner!
- Additional kid-friendly exhibits and activities include:
- You Make the Call, where fans can call the play like a Major League announcer
- Cincinnati Children's Kids Clubhouse, featuring videos and interactive experiences for kids
- Hall of Fame Theater, which will feature special video programming for the weekend
- Scavenger hunts through the museum and coloring activities
The Reds Hall of Fame Gift Shop will feature year-end closeout specials on matted prints, autographed items and Reds Hall of Fame apparel marked down to their lowest prices of the season.
Additionally, all visitors will receive a complimentary Stars of the Queen City poster.