BOSTON -- Red Sox pitchers and catchers will report to Spring Training in Fort Myers, Fla., on Feb. 19, and the first Grapefruit League game is scheduled for March 2 at home against the Twins.
The Red Sox will play their first exhibition games on Feb. 29 in the annual college doubleheader against local college teams Boston College and Northeastern University, beginning at 1 p.m. ET.
Here are some other dates to circle on the calendar:
• Tickets for the 17 home games at JetBlue Park go on sale on Dec. 5 at redsox.com, and they will remain at 2015 prices.
• The equipment truck will depart Fenway Park on Feb. 10.
• The first pitchers/catchers workout is set for Feb. 19, and it is open to the public.
• The first full-squad workout is on Feb. 24.
• There will be two rivalry games with the Yankees -- the first in Tampa on March 5 and the second a home game on March 15 at 6:05 p.m. ET.
• The Sox will visit the defending National League champion Mets in Port St. Lucie on March 20, and they will remain on the east coast of Florida the next two days for games against the Mets and Cardinals.
• The Mets will send a split squad to JetBlue Park on March 24. Boston's final home game is March 28 against the Blue Jays.
• The Sox leave Florida following their road contest with the Twins on March 31, and head north for a pair of exhibition games with the Jays in Montreal on April 1 and 2.
• The Red Sox will open the 2016 regular season on April 4 at Cleveland.
Ian Browne is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.