Wednesday, October 7, 2015-- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Chicago Cubs (8:07 p.m.)
2015 MLB National League Wild Card Game, presented by Budweiser, the official beer sponsor of MLB
- Buctober Blackout: The City and County has designated today "Buctober Black Out Day" and fans are asked to wear black clothing whether they will be at PNC Park, or rooting for the Pirates on from afar.
- Fun on Federal Street: Federal Street will be closed starting at 10 a.m. As with every home game throughout the season, the Clemente Bridge and Federal Street will be closed and used for pedestrian traffic only. Starting at 4 p.m. there will be activities on Federal Street including the Budweiser Build-A-Bar, Pittsburgh food trucks, music and more.
- Food Trucks: Nakama, BRGR, South Side BBQ, and Franktuary food trucks will be on Federal Street pregame serving local favorites.
- CBS on Federal: Four stations from the Pirates radio partners CBS Radio Pittsburgh will broadcast live pregame from Federal Street. Stations broadcasting live outside PNC Park include Pirates flagship 93.7 The Fan, 1020 AM KDKA, Star 100.7 and Y108.
- Gates Open: All gates to PNC Park will open to all fans at 5:30 p.m.
- Giveaway: All fans entering the park will receive a black Pirates Postseason rally towel, courtesy of Allegheny Health Network, Dunkin' Donuts, Planet Fitness and Heliomics. A record number of fans are expected to blackout PNC Park as all fans are encouraged to wear black in support of the Pirates.
- Pregame Ceremony Begins at 7:30 p.m.
- First Pitch: The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by former Pirates right-hander and current broadcaster Bob Walk.
- National Anthem: The National Anthem will be performed by Petrina McCutchen, Mother of Pirates five-time All-Star Andrew McCutchen.
- At the lines: Today Pirates staff and players, including Pirates rookie Jung Ho Kang, will be introduced to the crowd in a pregame ceremony.
Television: Fans can watch the National League Wild Card Game at PNC Park on TBS.
Radio: Fans can tune in to the National League Wild Card Game at PNC Park on 93.7 The Fan (93.7 FM) and the Pirates Radio Network.
Around the Park
Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club, home of the Polish Hill Cheesesteak, boasts a full service food menu and full bar with great selections of local and national craft beers. The Rivertowne Brewing Hall of Fame Club continues full service throughout the entirety of the game and up to two hours after the game. The Polish Hill Cheesesteak consists of grilled, shaved kielbasa with sautéed peppers and onions, topped with Rivertowne Lager cheese sauce on a fresh locally baked roll.
In addition to the restaurant, Aramark will add new concepts and specialty food locations showcasing local menus and wood fired pizza.
Returning this post-season is Skull Island, located in the Smorgasburgh area behind section 105, on the plaza overlooking the river. This destination is open to all fans with a ticket and will feature a menu from Spoon, as well as Wood Fired Pizza and Pittsburgh BBQ. There will be a full service bar with high end liquor and Rivertowne Brewing beer selections. Other features include live music, lounge seating, bistro tables.
The Smorgarburgh Grill will offer The Burgher, an eight ounce burger served with onion straws, fried cheese sticks, jalapenos, and bacon, barbeque sauce, served on a toasted brioche bun. Also available will be the new Kielbasa Burger, a six ounce Kielbasa Burger topped with haluski, sauerkraut, mozzarella, and mustard, served to toasted sliced break.
- Chicken Thigh Ranch Wrap with a side of bacon potato salad
- Wood Fired Flatbread
- Plain, Peperoni, and Pesto with fresh crumbled feta cheese
- Pittsburgh BBQ Company
- Roasted Pig, Pulled Pork Barbeque sandwich with sides of baked beans and cole slaw
Skull Island Bar will feature specialty drinks such as the Jolly Roger, Rum Spiced Sangria, and Apple Cider Margaritas. A steel drum band will provide live entertainment before the game and guests will be able to watch the game while enjoying the island atmosphere.
Along with offerings from Skull Island, Aramark will set up Chef-Attended Action Stations in Sections 101 & 113.
- 101 will feature the Pulled Pit Ham
- 113 will feature delicious Prime Rib
Returning for the 2015 Postseason is the Rivertowne Brewing Home Game Pub featuring Pittsburgh BBQ at PNC Park, located off of West General Robinson near the Home Plate rotunda entrance, open to all fans, no game ticket necessary. Pittsburgh BBQ will feature Pulled Sliders with your choice of either pulled pork or pulled chicken or a combination of the two. The Rivertowne Home Game Pub will offer a full service bar featuring Rivertowne beer selections in cans and on draft along with complementary peanuts and popcorn.
The PNC Park Majestic Clubhouse Store will be open throughout the Postseason with special hours of 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. throughout the Pirates' Postseason (open Monday-Saturday). Fans can GEAR UP now for Buctober and enjoy a 15% discount on all 2015 Postseason merchandise at the Majestic Clubhouse Store starting Tuesday with the Rally in the City and lasting through the Wild Card game. Items available include jerseys, hoodies, tees, and caps available just like the players are wearing on the field for the Postseason.
The PNC Park store is proud to offer Stance customizable socks available now with the Postseason logo along with your name and number.
New items arriving daily including select Pirates items available ONLY at the Majestic Clubhouse Store
Around the Park- Premium Seating
Lexus Club members will be treated to a special Postseason chef's table featuring chef carved prime rib, iced seafood, Strip District antipasti and decadent desserts.
All Suite level guests will be treated to a champagne toast to celebrate the Pirates 2015 Postseason.
Suite menu specials include a special 48-ounce chef carved porterhouse steak and lobster tails.
Pittsburgh Baseball Club Level Concessions Specials:
Pittsburgh Baseball Club members have access to the following specials, as the Postseason never tasted better!
- Authentic street tacos and craft tequila cocktails.
- Foot long lobster rolls
- Playoff Burger- This one's a winner! A special grind of short rib and tenderloin, truffle aioli, arugula and late summer heirloom tomato.
- Longhorn Bison Burger-- A one-half pound, aged smoked cheddar, Applewood smoked bacon and mushroom ragout
- The Five Star Burger-- A special grind of short rib and ground tenderloin, truffle aioli and heirloom tomato.
- Decadent dessert station featuring seven layer carrot cake, giant caramel apples, gourmet cupcakes and more.
- Oktoberfest craft beer samplings
Parking lots on the North Shore will open at 4 p.m. for event parking.
Fans not holding pre-sold parking passes and arriving after 6 p.m., are encouraged to park in downtown lots. Parking in the Golden Triangle will be available in the (9) Parking Authority Garages. Check for space availability via iPhone (ParkPGH); Mobile (m.parkpgh.org); SMS/Text and Voice (412-423-8980).
Fans are encouraged to ride the FREE "T" from the four Golden Triangle stations to the North Side Station just outside of PNC Park's Trib-Total Media Home Plate Gate.
Parking is also available at
- Station Square Gateway Clipper Shuttles - The Gateway Clipper will take fans directly to PNC Park from this location. Children six-years-old and under are free.
Also, fans who prefer to park west of Allegheny Avenue, can ride the "T" for free from the Allegheny Station outside of Heinz Field to the North Side Station just outside of PNC Park. Parking includes:
- Carnegie Science Lots
- Ridge Avenue Lots
- For Fans Over 21 -- Rivers Casino Garage - Due to Rivers Casino policy, everyone in the vehicle must be 21 years or older to enter the garage.
Gate Policy and Reminders
As a reminder- the PNC Park Will Call drop offs WILL NOT be accepted during Wednesday's Wild Card Game.
The Pirates ask that all fans follow some simple tips to ensure easy entrance to the ballpark:
- Please allow for additional time when coming to the game.
- Please minimize all unnecessary bags and metal objects when coming into the ballpark.
- When approaching the security screener, please hold keys, cell phones and any other metal objects out of pockets and in your hands.
Each Guest is permitted to bring one bag into the ballpark. In conjunction with MLB, PNC Park regulations provide that bags, purses, fanny packs and backpacks 16x16x8-inch or smaller are permitted. All bags are subject to search upon entry and within the ballpark. Soft-sided coolers and soft-sided briefcases are permitted. Hard-sided coolers and briefcases, ice packs and cooler inserts are NOT permitted. For the convenience of those Guests not carrying purses, fanny packs and bags into the ballpark, express lanes are offered at each gate.
Guests are permitted to bring bottled water and food that may fit into a 16x16x8-inch soft-sided bag into the ballpark. Water bottles should not exceed 24 ounces in size, and must be clear, plastic, sealed and disposable. Children's juice boxes and items necessary for medical purposes are permitted. Alcoholic beverages, carbonated beverages, sports drinks, cans, glass bottles and thermoses are not allowed.
Hazardous or disruptive items cannot be brought into the ballpark. Samples of items that are not permitted include boom boxes, inflatable balls, balloons, Frisbee discs, laser pointers, fireworks, footballs and weapons of any kind. The Pirates reserve the right to inspect and remove any packages and/or containers.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
The Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle that took place throughout the season, will also take place during the National League Wild Card. Raffle ticket prices are three (3) tickets for $5, 10 tickets for $10 and 40 tickets for $20 with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn and announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers are also posted on www.pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
Welcome to Buctober
The Pirates have a dedicated fan page on pirates.com/buctober to celebrate the team's postseason berth. The team will be adding fan content throughout October, including pictures and interviews generated by Pirates fans.
Postseason Tickets and Information
The Pirates are making postseason tickets available to as many fans as possible through special online-only presale opportunities. The registration process allows all fans an equal chance for purchasing tickets to potential games at PNC Park. Fans must complete and submit the form on pirates.com/postseason to be registered for a chance to purchase tickets to potential 2015 postseason games at PNC Park prior to general public on-sale. Fans need to register just once for the opportunity to purchase tickets to all rounds of the 2015 postseason, including the potential National League Division Series, Championship Series and World Series games. For complete information, deadlines and drawing dates visit pirates.com/postseason.
The Hunt Auctions kiosk, specializing in sports memorabilia, including game-used and authenticated items, is located behind section 125 on the main concourse at PNC Park. Unique items are available each homestand and fans will have the opportunity to purchase items at the kiosk or at pirates.com/authentics.