The Arizona Diamondbacks named outfielder Sócrates Brito and right-handed pitcher Aaron Blair the organization's Minor League Player and Pitcher of the Year, as announced by D-backs Director, Player Development Mike Bell.
Brito, 23, hit .300 (147-for-490) with 17 doubles, 15 triples, 9 home runs, 57 RBI, 70 runs scored and 20 stolen bases in 129 games for Double-A Mobile.
• Led all Minor Leaguers with 15 triples, and ranked among Southern League leaders in total bases (3rd, 221), hits (4th), average (6th), slugging percentage (6th, .451), runs (8th, 70), OPS (T-8th, .790), stolen bases (T-10th).
• Selected to play with the World Team in the 2015 SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game at Great American Ball Park.
• Named to the Southern League's mid- and postseason All-Star Teams, and was Mobile's Player of the Month for August.
• Entered the season rated by Baseball America as the D-backs' Best Athlete for the second straight season (2014-15), while also possessing the Best Outfield Arm among Arizona farmhands.
• Earned the 2015 Aurelio Rodriguez Award, presented annually to the D-backs' Minor Leaguer who exhibits the spirit of Aurelio Rodriguez throughout Spring Training, by showing dedication and giving their best effort every day.
Blair, 23, went 13-5 with a 2.92 ERA (52 ER in 160.1 IP), 1 complete game, 20 quality starts and 120 strikeouts in 26 games (25 starts) between Double-A Mobile and Triple-A Reno.
• Second D-backs prospect to be earn Pitcher of the Year honors in consecutive seasons (also: Brad Penny from 1997-98).
• Ranked among organizational leaders in wins (T-1st), ERA (5th) and strikeouts (4th).
• Went 6-0 with a 2.16 ERA (12 ER in 50.0 IP) in 8 starts (7 quality) with the Aces from June 23-Aug. 17.
• Named a Southern League midseason All-Star, and was selected as Mobile's Pitcher of the Month for May, going 3-1 with a 0.89 ERA (4 ER in 40.2 IP) and Reno's Pitcher of the Month for August, finishing 3-1 with a 2.40 ERA (8 ER in 30.0 IP).
• Won a silver medal with Team USA in the 2015 Pan-American Games in Toronto, Canada (2 GS, 7 ER in 10.0 IP).
• Entered the season rated by Baseball America as the club's No. 3 Prospect, possessing the Best Control among D-backs farmhands, and rated as Arizona's No. 4 Prospect by MLB.com.