SAN FRANCISCO, CA - The San Francisco Giants are scheduled to open their 2016 season at the Milwaukee Brewers on April 4 and play their home opener against the Los Angeles Dodgers on April 7, the club announced today.
The 2016 season will mark the seventh-straight year that San Francisco has opened on the road and the first time the Giants have not started the season against the National League West since beginning the 2010 season at Houston.
Following a brief three-game opening series in Milwaukee (April 4-6), the Giants will travel back to San Francisco for their first homestand of the year, a four-game set against the Los Angeles Dodgers (April 7-10).
For the fourth-straight season, the Giants will play 19 games against each of their four National League West rivals - Arizona, Colorado, Los Angeles and San Diego.
The Giants will face the American League East in Interleague, playing a home-and-home series with the Boston Red Sox (June 7-8 at AT&T Park; July 19-20 at Fenway), a three-game home series with the Toronto Blue Jays (May 9-11) and Baltimore Orioles (August 12-14), as well as a three game road set with the Tampa Rays (June 17-19) and New York Yankees (July 22-24). A four-game, home-and-home series between the Giants and A's will take place, with the first series at AT&T Park (June 27-28) and the second series following immediately after at the Oakland Coliseum (June 29-30).
On Friday, November 27, Orange and Black Friday, single game tickets for selected games will go on sale as well as Giants Holiday ticket package offerings. Also, Giants Fan Fest is scheduled for Saturday, February 13, 2016.
View 2016 Tentative Schedule
Additional highlights of the San Francisco Giants' 2016 campaign include:
- San Francisco will finish the regular season at home against their NL West rival, Los Angeles Dodgers (Sept. 30-Oct. 2).
- 13 home weekends in all, including three against the Dodgers (April 7-10, June 10-12 and Sept. 30-Oct. 2) and one against the Orioles (Aug. 12-14).
- The longest homestands of the season are a pair of 10-game sets from April 18-27 against the Diamondbacks (April 18-21), Marlins (April 22-24), and Padres (April 25-27) and then a 10-game homestand from August 12-21 against the Orioles (August 12-14), Pirates (August 15-17) and the Mets (August 18-21).
- The Giants will embark on four three-city road trips from May 27-June 5 (Colorado, Atlanta and St. Louis), July 15-24 (San Diego, Boston, New York-AL), August 2-11 (Philadelphia, Washington, Miami) and Sept. 1-11 (Chicago-NL, Colorado, Arizona).
- San Francisco's two-game series in Boston (July 19-20) marks their first trip to Fenway Park since June 15-17, 2007.
- On Monday, July 4, the Giants will host the Rockies at AT&T Park.
- From August 12-31, the Giants will play 15 of their 18 contests on the Shores on McCovey Cove.
- The Giants will play 17 of 24 games on the road from July 15-August 11, including an eight game road trip from July 15-24 (at San Diego, Boston, New York-AL) and a nine game trip from August 2-11 (Philadelphia, Washington and Miami).
- For the first time ever, the Giants will travel to Raley Field to play an exhibition game against their triple-A affiliate, Sacramento Rivercats, on Wednesday, March 30. The Exhibition Game will give fans the opportunity to watch their favorite Giants stars gear up for the 2016 season against future Giants players. Currently, the only way fans are able to guarantee tickets for the Exhibition Game is to become a River Cats Season Ticket Member or to renew a current membership.