• Tentative 2016 Giants schedule
It'll be a home-and-home arrangement for the Giants against the Red Sox -- and former San Francisco third baseman Pablo Sandoval -- who will visit AT&T Park on June 7-8.
The Giants will begin the 162-game campaign on Monday, April 4 at Milwaukee, marking their seventh consecutive road season opener. Following that three-game series, they'll face the archrival Los Angeles Dodgers in the Thursday, April 7 home opener at AT&T Park. That will be the first of 19 games between the Giants and Dodgers, who also will conclude the season against each other Sept. 30-Oct. 2 in San Francisco.
Other noteworthy elements of the schedule include:
• A four-game home-and-home set against the cross-bay Interleague rival Oakland A's from June 27-30. The first two games will be played in San Francisco before the stage switches to Oakland for the second pair.
• Before a season-ending week-long homestand, the Giants must play 17 of 24 games on the road, a stretch that includes series against all four NL West foes as well as the Chicago Cubs (Sept. 1-4).
• That Cubs series will launch a three-city trip, one of four scheduled for the Giants. These sojourns are scheduled for May 27-June 5 (Colorado, Atlanta, St. Louis), July 15-24 (the aforementioned San Diego-Boston-Yankees swing), Aug. 2-11 (Philadelphia, Washington, Miami) and Sept. 1-11 (Cubs, Colorado, Arizona).
• The Giants have a pair of 10-game homestands, their longest of the year. There's April 18-27 (Arizona, Miami, San Diego) and Aug. 12-21 (Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Mets).
Chris Haft is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Haft-Baked Ideas, follow him on Twitter at @sfgiantsbeat and listen to his podcast. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.