The Pittsburgh Pirates today released their 2016 regular season schedule, which will feature the Bucs opening the season at home against the St. Louis Cardinals on Monday, April 4. It will mark the first time since 2007 that the Pirates will host the Cardinals in the Home Opener.
Following the season-opening three-game series with St. Louis, the Pirates will travel to Cincinnati and Detroit for their first road trip before returning home to face the Tigers and Brewers.
In addition to playing the Tigers in a home-and-home series (April 11-14), the Pirates will host the Los Angeles Angels (June 3-5), Seattle Mariners (July 26-27) and Houston Astros (August 22-24) as part of the home portion of interleague play in 2016. The Bucs will also travel to Texas (May 27-29), Seattle (June 28-29) and Oakland (July 1-3) for interleague action.
Prior to ending the regular season with three games in St. Louis, the home schedule concludes with a seven-game homestand against Washington (September 23-25) and the Chicago Cubs (September 26-29).
Highlights of the 2016 regular season schedule include:
- April 4 thru April 7: The Pirates begin the season with three home games vs. St. Louis.
- April 8 thru April 12: The first road trip takes the Bucs to Cincinnati and Detroit.
- April 19 thru April 28: A 10-game road trip to San Diego, Arizona and Colorado.
- May 16 thru May 26: A 10-game homestand against the Braves, Rockies and Diamondbacks.
- June 3-12: The Los Angeles Angels make their first visit to PNC Park since 2004; the nine-game homestand also includes three games each with the Mets and Cardinals.
- June 28 thru July 7: A nine-game road trip to Seattle, Oakland and St. Louis which includes a July 4 contest against the Cardinals.
- September 2 thru September 11: A 10-game homestand against Central Division rivals Milwaukee (3 games), St. Louis (3 games) and Cincinnati (4 games), highlighted by a Labor Day matchup with the Cardinals on September 5.
The entire 2016 schedule has been posted on here on pirates.com (dates and opponents are subject to change).
The Pirates are now taking deposits on 2016 Pirates Season Ticket Memberships. Fans can reserve the best seats for another exciting season of Pirates baseball by calling their Season Ticket Member representative or 1-800-BUY-BUCS. Visit pirates.com/memberships for complete details of the many benefits and experiences offered to our Pirates Season Ticket Members. Current Pirates Season Ticket Members will have the first opportunity to purchase Postseason strips, which include tickets to all potential home games at PNC Park during the 2015 Postseason. Fans who place a NEW deposit toward a 2016 Full or Half-Season Ticket plan will also have an opportunity to purchase Postseason strips. Locations will be based on availability.