The New York Mets today announced that the club will start the 2016 regular season with a two-game road series vs. the Kansas City Royals Monday, April 4 and Wednesday, April 6 at Kansas City. Opening Day at Citi Field will be on Friday, April 8 vs. the Philadelphia Phillies. The initial homestand will feature opening weekend vs. the Phillies, April 8-10 followed by a three-game set vs. the Miami Marlins, April 11-13.
Highlights of the 2016 home schedule include:
- Opening Day at Citi Field, April 8 vs. the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Subway Series vs. the New York Yankees, August 1-2 at Citi Field and August 3-4 at Yankee Stadium.
- Memorial Day Weekend matchup vs. the LA Dodgers, May 27-29, followed by an Interleague series vs. the Chicago White Sox starting on Memorial Day and concluding June 1.
- Other Interleague games at Citi Field include the Royals (June 21-22) and Twins (September 16-18).
- Father's Day, June 19 vs. the Atlanta Braves.
- Independence Day, July 4 vs. the Miami Marlins.
The 2016 schedule will feature the return of popular fan promotions such as Free Shirt Fridays, Post-Game Concerts, Fireworks and Family Sundays in addition to many other promotions that will be announced at a later date.
Game times for the 2016 campaign will be announced in the coming weeks.
The 2016 schedule is subject to change.
For 2016 season ticket information call (718) 507-TIXX or visit Mets.com.