The Colorado Rockies announced Friday that they have reinstated first baseman Justin Morneau from the 60-day disabled list and recalled infielder Rafael Ynoa from Triple-A Albuquerque. Additionally, the club has designated infielder/outfielder Matt McBride for assignment.
· Morneau, 34, was originally placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list on May 16. He was transferred to the 15-day disabled list on May 29 and the 60-day disabled list on July 7. In 27 games for Colorado this year, he is hitting .290 (29-for-100) with 10 runs, seven doubles, three triples and nine RBI.
· In five rehab appearances with Double-A New Britain, Morneau hit .500 (9-for-18) with four runs, two doubles, two home runs and nine RBI.
· Won the National League batting title in his first year with Colorado in 2014, batting .319 (160-for-502) with 62 runs, 32 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 82 RBI.
· Ynoa, 28, will join the Rockies for the third time in 2015 after making the Opening Day roster. Last appeared for the Rockies on July 1 at Oakland before being optioned to Triple-A on July 2. In 52 games with Colorado this season, is batting .225 (20-for-89) with 10 runs, four doubles, five RBI, three walks and one stolen base.
· In 56 games with Albuquerque, batted .286 (64-for-224) with 29 runs, 12 doubles, four triples, one home run, 11 RBI and five stolen bases.
· McBride, 30, had his contract purchased from Albuquerque August 12 and appeared in 20 games for the Rockies, batting .167 (7-for-42) with five runs. In three seasons with the Rockies (2012, 2014, 2015) batted .199 (30-for-151) with 19 runs, four doubles, four home runs and 17 RBI.
· Was named a Pacific Coast League All-Star for Albuquerque this season, batting .328 (101-for-308) with 59 runs, 30 doubles, one triple, 12 home runs and 49 RBI in 78 games.
· Was acquired by the Rockies in a trade with the Cleveland Indians for right-handed pitcher Ubaldo Jimenez July 30, 2011. Was originally drafted by the Indians in the second round (75th overall) of the 2006 First-Year Player Draft.
The Rockies currently have a full 40-man roster.