Colorado Rockies Transactions
The Colorado Rockies announced Friday that they have selected the contract of left-handed pitcher Jason Gurka from Triple-A Albuquerque.
Additionally, the Rockies have optioned right-handed pitcher Tommy Kahnle to Triple-A, and have designated left-handed pitcher Kenny Roberts for assignment.
- Gurka, 27, will be making his first career appearance on a Major League roster.
- He was signed by the Rockies as a Minor League free agent on December 16, 2014. He was originally drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 15th round of the 2008 First-Year Player Draft out of Angelina College in Lufkin, Texas.
- The Houston, Texas native is 2-1 with a 3.18 ERA (39.2 IP, 14 ER) in 21 games with one start for Albuquerque this season … went 3-0 with a 2.31 ERA (23.1 IP, 6 ER) in 14 games for Double-A New Britain to begin the season. In his career, is 18-14 with a 3.16 ERA (333.2 IP, 117 ER) as a Minor League pitcher. Gurka Stats
- Kahnle, 26, has gone 0-1 with a 4.86 ERA (33.1 IP, 18 ER) for the Rockies in 2015. Made his Major League debut April 3, 2014 for the Rockies and went 2-1 with a 4.19 ERA (68.2 IP, 32 ER) for the Rockies last season.
- The Latham, New York native was acquired by the Rockies from the New York Yankees in the 2013 Rule 5 Draft. The Yankees drafted Kahnle in the fifth round of the 2010 First-Year Player Draft out of Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida. Kahnle Stats
- Roberts, 27, made his Major League debut on May 9 for the Rockies at San Diego, and pitched 1.0 scoreless inning while allowing no hits. He was 0-1 with a 5.79 ERA (9.1 IP, 6 ER) across nine appearances for the Rockies in 2015. With Albuquerque, went 1-3 with a 5.12 ERA (31.2 IP, 18 ER) in 23 games.
- Roberts, a native of Murfreesboro, Tennessee, was drafted by the Rockies in the 25th round of the 2010 First-Year Player Draft out of Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro. Roberts Stats
The Rockies currently have a full 40-man roster.