August 26, 2002: THEN
- Debuted on a single device - a PC
- Streamed in 300K broadband video
- More than 30,000 fans in 60 countries watched
- New York Times: "Too choppy and too fuzzy"
August 26, 2015: TODAY
- Available across more than 400 supported mobile and connected devices
- HD Media Player powered through a responsive, in-page layout
- Streamed nearly 40,000 live MLB games in its history
- Nearly 25% of subscribers have owned MLB.TV for at least the last seven years
- 58% of live streams consumed via smartphone, tablet or connected devices in 2015
- Wall Street Journal: "A pioneer in sports on the Web"
10MM FOR AT BAT
MLB.com At Bat, the first sports app in the Apple App Store in July 2008 and the highest grossing sports app every year since, surpassed 10 million downloads on Monday (8/24), 47 days ahead of last year's record-setting pace. In 2014, At Bat reached 10 million downloads on October 10.
The download pace also has been matched by record fan engagement with the At Bat app. According to comScore, baseball fans have made At Bat the industry's number one sports app in user consumption each of the past four months (April-July 2015), ranking first in total minutes among all sports apps each month.
In commemoration of this 13th birthday, MLBAM will be offering fans a one-time, two-day special MLB.TV Premium subscription, which includes the MLB.com At Bat premium features free, for the sale price of $9.99. Beginning today at 9:00 a.m. ET, the offer will be valid through 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, August 27, 2015. For complete details, please visit MLB.TV.