The Texas Rangers will host a pair of 2015 playoff contenders from the American League East Division, the Toronto Blue Jays and the Baltimore Orioles during a six-game homestand that begins Tuesday, August 25.
The Blue Jays open the homestand with 7:05 p.m. games on Tuesday and Wednesday, August 25-26 and a 1:05 p.m. matinee on Thursday, August 27. In the series opener on Tuesday, the first 15,000 fans, 14 years of age and older, will receive a Dr Pepper/Albertsons/Tom Thumb Yovani Gallardo Powder Blue T-Shirt. August 26 is Dollar Hot Dog Night and Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday for youngsters 13 and under.
The Orioles will be at Globe Life Park on Friday and Saturday, August 28-29 at 7:05 p.m. and Sunday, August 30 at 2:05 p.m. A post-game fireworks show that features the history of pop music takes place after Friday's game. On Sunday, the first 7,500 youngsters, 13 and under, will get a Dairy Queen Shin-Soo Choo Blue Batting Helmet.
Tickets for the Blue Jays and Orioles series and all 2015 home games can be purchased at texasrangers.com, by calling 972-RANGERS, or at the Globe Life Park First Base Box Office. During the Toronto series, fans can receive $3.00 off an upper reserved ticket by redeeming the wrappers of Ritter Sport chocolate bars at the Globe Life Park First Base box office.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Tuesday, August 25 vs. Toronto Blue Jays - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Dr Pepper/Albertsons/Tom Thumb Gallardo Powder Blue T-Shirt (first 15,000 fans, 14 and older)
- Ceremonial first pitch by former coach Robert Hughes, the all-time leader in wins for boys high school basketball (1333) during tenure at Terrell and Dunbar High Schools in Fort Worth
- Canadian and American National Anthems performed by Michael Borts
Wednesday, August 26 vs. Toronto Blue Jays - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Dollar Hot Dog Night
- Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday (youngsters, 13 and under)
- 2015 MLBPAA Rangers Heart and Hustle Award pre-game presentation to Prince Fielder
- Canadian and American National Anthems performed by Robert Brigance
Thursday, August 27 vs. Toronto Blue Jays - 1:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Canadian and American National Anthems performed by Tommy Ray Williams
Friday, August 28 vs. Baltimore Orioles - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Post-game fireworks show featuring history of pop music
- Teacher Appreciation Night pre-game recognition
- Alzheimer's Awareness Night Rally Towel distribution
- Colors presented by the University of Texas at Arlington color guard
- National Anthem performed by Karin Harrell
- New Era Alumni Alley-Jim Sundberg (6:00-6:45 p.m.)
Saturday, August 29 vs. Baltimore Orioles - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Firefighter Appreciation Night pre-game recognition
- Colors presented by the Arlington Fire Department Color Guard
- National Anthem performed by Vocal Fusion
- New Era Alumni Alley-Mickey Tettleton (6:00-6:45 p.m.)
Sunday, August 30 vs. Baltimore Orioles - 2:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD Gates open at 12:30 p.m.
- Dairy Queen Shin-Soo Choo Blue Batting Helmet (first 7,500 youngsters, 13 and under)
- $1 Ice Cream Sunday (youngsters, 13 and under)
- Jr. Rangers on-field pre-game parade
- National College Baseball Hall of Fame Distinguished Alumnus pre-game presentation to Dr. Bobby Brown and Rep. Roger Williams
- National Anthem by Brent Kern
- Raising Cane's Kids Take the Field
- Run the Bases post-game