As the Cubs host the Tigers Wednesday, August 19, the National WWII Museum will commemorate the 1945 World Series matchup played between the Cubs and Tigers the year World War II came to an end. Both teams will sport 1945 throwback jerseys for the game. "The Victory Belles," an a cappella group from the museum, will sing the National Anthem with a flyover and lead the 7th inning stretch. World War II veteran Richard Duchossois will throw a ceremonial first pitch and a group of World War II veterans will be honored on the field for a 4th inning military recognition.
Budweiser Bleacher Fridays continue Friday, August 21, with '90s Day, where each Budweiser Bleacher guest 21-and-older will receive a '90s Re-issue Cubs Hat in neon pink or yellow. Guests will hear many of their favorite songs from the decade, including Cubs player selections as their walk-up music. Budweiser Bleacher guests can play some of their favorite '90s arcade games behind the bleachers and may even enjoy a treat from the past with some popular '90s candies distributed on-site. Fans 21-and-older can enter the #BudFridays social media contest by sharing their best '90s-themed photos on Twitter and Instagram using the #BudFridays hashtag. One creative winner will be selected from all eligible entries to receive four tickets to the final Budweiser Bleacher Friday event September 18. Official rules, prize value and details are available at the team's #BudFridays contest page.
Tickets remain available for each series at www.cubs.com or 800-THE-CUBS (800-843-2827). Details of the homestand follow.
On Wednesday, August 19, up to the first 10,000 adults age 21-and-older will receive a Wine Tumbler presented by Barefoot Wine.
The following night, August 20, is Firefighter Appreciation Night. Guests with designated Special Group Night Terrace Reserved Outfield tickets receive a Cubs Firefighter Baseball Cap. Special Group Night tickets are available at www.cubs.com/specialevents.
Budweiser Bleacher Fridays continue with '90s Day August 21, as Budweiser Bleacher guests age 21-and-older receive a '90s Re-issue Cubs Hat in neon pink or yellow.
On Saturday, August 22, up to the first 10,000 fans receive a Jon Lester Cubs Debut Bobblehead presented by Las Vegas.
Kids Sundays continue August 23 with a Cubs Toy Airplane presented by American Airlines for up to the first 5,000 children age 13-and-younger. The first 1,000 kids 13-and-under can run the bases post-game, weather permitting.
Guests and Entertainment:
On Tuesday, August 18, professional golfer and 2015 British Open champion Zach Johnson will throw a ceremonial first pitch and lead the 7th inning stretch.
The following evening, August 19, the National WWII Museum will commemorate the 1945 World Series matchup played between the Cubs and Tigers the year World War II came to an end. "The Victory Belles," an a cappella group from the museum, will sing the National Anthem with a biplane flyover and lead the 7th inning stretch. Richard Duchossois, a World War II veteran, will throw a ceremonial first pitch and a group of World War II veterans will be honored on the field for a 4th inning military recognition.
On Thursday, August 20, famous chef and TV personality Anne Burrell will lead the stretch.
On Friday, August 21, Kristy Swanson, who played Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, will throw a first pitch to kick off the '90s Day Budweiser Bleacher Friday event.
On Saturday, August 22, sports analyst and former Notre Dame Basketball coach Digger Phelps will throw a first pitch and lead the stretch.
On Sunday, August 23, comedian Tom Papa will throw a first pitch, while actor and Chicago native Jake Johnson leads the stretch.
Let's Give Charitable Campaign:
As part of this year's ongoing "Let's Give" campaign, Cubs manager Joe Maddon will continue his "Respect Community" charity T-shirt initiative during his postgame press conference Friday, August 21. Maddon will represent the Crushers Club, whose mission is to restore high-risk youth toward a path of maturity by using boxing, peer mentoring and music to engage and surround them with hope. A portion of the proceeds from Maddon's upcoming Respect 90 The Main Event will benefit Crushers Club's youth boxing program in Englewood. Tickets and more information for the September 2 event are available at www.cubs.com/maddon.
On Sunday, August 23, Cubs Charities and Baseball Tomorrow Fund will host an equipment drive to benefit the Bronzeville Little League. Fans can bring their new or gently used baseball and softball equipment to Wrigley Field's Gate D from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monetary donations also will be accepted.
The Decade Diner in the right field concourse will continue its rotating menu of homestand specials with a Monte Cristo Sandwich featuring sliced turkey, ham and aged cheddar on Texas toast dipped in egg batter, sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with a side of raspberry jam. Guests also can order a Breaded Pork Sandwich featuring a breaded pork loin with herbs and caramelized onions on a toasted ciabatta roll with spicy mustard.
Platform 14, the outdoor concession area in the Budweiser Bleachers located behind the center field scoreboard, will continue serving three Hot Doug's sausages. The "Champ Summers" is a spicy Vienna Polish sausage served with Goose Island beer mustard and crispy fried onions; the "Pete LaCock" is a ribeye steak sausage with horseradish cream and blue cheese; and the "Bill Bonham" is an atomic pork sausage with cherry marmalade and smoked gouda cheese.
Homestand Recap, August 18-24:
Tuesday, August 18 vs. Detroit Tigers, 7:05 p.m.
- First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Professional golfer and 2015 British Open champion Zach Johnson
- Broadcast: ABC 7, MLBN, WBBM 780-AM, WRTO 1200-AM Spanish Radio, Cubs.com
Wednesday, August 19 vs. Detroit Tigers, 7:05 p.m.
- Promotion: Wine Tumbler presented by Barefoot Wine, up to the first 10,000 adults age 21-and-older
- National Anthem and 7th inning stretch: "The Victory Belles" a cappella group from the National WWII Museum
- Broadcast: WPWR-TV, ESPN, WBBM 780-AM, WRTO 1200-AM Spanish Radio, Cubs.com
Thursday, August 20 vs. Atlanta Braves, 7:05 p.m.
- Broadcast: CSN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
- Special Group Night: Firefighter Appreciation Night
- Designated tickets include Cubs Firefighter Baseball Cap
- 7th inning stretch: Famous chef and TV personality Anne Burrell
Friday, August 21 vs. Atlanta Braves, 3:05 p.m.
- Promotion: Budweiser Bleacher Fridays: '90s day
- '90s Re-issue Cubs Hat, Neon Pink or Yellow, Budweiser Bleacher guests 21-and-older
- First pitch: Actress Kristy Swanson, who played Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Broadcast: CSN, MLB Network, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Saturday, August 22 vs. Atlanta Braves, 3:05 p.m.
- Promotion: Jon Lester Cubs Debut Bobblehead presented by Las Vegas, up to the first 10,000 fans
- First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Sports analyst and former Notre Dame Basketball coach Digger Phelps
- Broadcast: ABC 7, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Sunday, August 23 vs. Atlanta Braves, 1:20 p.m.
- Promotion: Cubs Toy Airplane presented by American Airlines, up to the first 5,000 children age 13-and-younger
- Baseball and Softball Equipment Drive benefiting Bronzeville Little League
- First pitch: Comedian Tom Papa
- 7th inning stretch: Actor and Chicago native Jake Johnson
- Broadcast: WGN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
- Kids Run the Bases post-game, first 1,000 kids 13-and-under
Monday, August 24 vs. Cleveland Indians, 1:05 p.m. (makeup of June 15 postponement)
- Broadcast: WGN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com