The veteran third baseman went 4-for-5 with three RBIs, tripling in the first inning, doubling in the second, singling in the third and capping it off with a homer in the fifth. He became the third player to hit for the cycle this season, joining Brock Holt of the Red Sox and Rangers teammate Shin-Soo Choo.
Here are some other facts to know about Beltre's feat:
• Beltre is the fourth player to collect three career cycles, joining John Reilly, Bob Meusel and Babe Herman. Reilly had two for the Reds over a seven-day span in 1883, then another in 1890. Meusel hit for the cycle for the Yankees in 1921, '22 and '28, while Herman did it twice for the Brooklyn Robins in '31 and again for the Cubs in '33. Among active players, Beltre passed the Mets' Michael Cuddyer and the D-backs' Aaron Hill, who both have two.
• Beltre's second cycle also came for the Rangers, on Aug. 24, 2012, and with his help, Texas players have done it six times since 2009. Over that time, the rest of the league has hit for the cycle 18 times, and no other team has more than three.
• The Rangers franchise has 10 cycles, with nine of those coming since it moved to Texas from Washington in 1972. Going back to 1961, when the franchise began as the Senators, that's tied for the most in the Majors with the Giants, Mets, Red Sox and Twins.
• This is the first time the Rangers have notched multiple cycles in a season, and they become the 16th team since 1914 to accomplish that feat. The last was the 2012 D-backs, who had Hill cycle twice over a nine-day span that June. Only the 1933 Philadelphia A's have collected three cycles in a season. That August, Mickey Cochrane, Pinky Higgins and Jimmie Foxx all did it over a 12-day period.
• All three of Beltre's cycles have come at Globe Life Park, including his first, for the Mariners on Sept. 1, 2008. All other players have combined to do it four times there. Meanwhile, Beltre is the only player to hit for multiple cycles at the same ballpark, but for different teams.
• Beltre has hit five triples in 384 career games at Globe Life Park, yet three of those have been part of cycles.
• Beltre became the first player since former Rays outfielder Melvin Upton Jr. on Oct. 2, 2009, to complete his cycle by the end of the fifth inning, according to ESPN.
• Two of the Rangers' past three cycles have come against the Astros. Alex Rios also victimized Houston on Sept. 23, 2013.
• This was the eighth cycle against the Astros in franchise history and third since 2011.
Andrew Simon is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter @AndrewSimonMLB. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.