On Sunday, the D-backs will host Military Appreciation Day, which includes:
- The D-backs will honor all military active duty, reserve, retired and veterans
- United States Navy Petty Officer Steven Powell will sing the national anthem
- Arizona Army National Guard Honor Guard will present the colors
- Major General and University of Phoenix Executive Dean at the College of Security and Criminal Justice James "Spider" Marks will throw out the ceremonial first pitch
- Military members and their kids can Run the Bases to benefit Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Pre-selected military members and their kids will "Take the Field", courtesy of SUBWAY, with D-backs players prior to the national anthem
- Military members can show their Military ID to get 50-percent off tickets for the game
- Diamond Days recognition and experience for 1,200 guests from Arizona military bases provided by Fry's and Randy Johnson, a proud supporter of USO
- The D-backs will recognize six Arizona veterans and their service dogs during a special pregame ceremony on the field. The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation has funded service dogs for Arizona veterans through Soldier's Best Friend.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks will recognize the many military charities that benefit from the annual D-backs Celebrity Golf Classic, presented by Sanderson Ford, held around Veteran's Day each year. In 2014 alone, the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation donated more than $125,000 to benefit the local military charities.
Tickets are still available for the weekend series and can be purchased by calling 602.514.8400 or online at www.dbacks.com.