Fresno didn't need it, but it also got an elite pitching performance from No. 23 prospect Asher Wojciechowski, who delivered an eight-inning gem. The 6-foot-4 right-hander gave up five hits and one earned run while striking out six, and pushed his record to 4-0 with a 3.23 ERA in five starts. Alex Presley had an unforgettable night at the plate for the Grizzlies, going 6-for-7 with a homer and five RBIs while setting the team's single-game record for hits.
More standout performances from Top 100 prospects on Monday
• Indians No. 1 prospect (No. 3 overall) Francisco Lindor impressed in both games of Triple-A Columbus' doubleheader on Monday. The shortstop went 3-for-4 with a solo shot and two runs in the first game, then followed with a single, walk and run in the twin bill's second game. The homer was Lindor's second of the season, and he's now hitting .262/.340/.374 with 20 RBIs this year.
• Nationals No. 1 prospect (No. 5 overall) Lucas Giolito fanned nine Class A Advanced Myrtle Beach batters while giving up two hits in five shutout innings for Potomac. "I felt good going into it," Giolito told MiLB.com after the game. "I knew that in the bullpen I had all my pitches working, so I was able to put together a good five innings despite being a little erratic with control."
• Twins No. 2 prospect (No. 11 overall) Miguel Sano has hit double digits in the home run category. The Double-A Chattanooga third baseman swatted a two-run home run - - his 10th of year - - as the Lookouts lost to Tennessee, 13-3. Sano's average is back up to .250 for the first time since April 9 and he has 33 RBIs this year.
Other notable performances from around the Minor Leagues Monday
• Astros No. 13 prospect J.D. Davis brought home the go-ahed run in Class A Advanced Lancaster's come-from-behind victory over High Desert. The JetHawks scored seven runs in the final three innings to win, 12-10. Davis finished 2-for-5 with a two-run homer, his sixth of the season.
• Athletics No. 5 prospect Dillon Overton pitched five innings of one-hit ball to pick up the win for Class A Advanced Stockton. He struck out four in a 5-2 win over Lake Elsinore and is now 2-1 with a 2.98 ERA.
• Athletics No. 13 prospect Joey Wendle hit his fifth homer of the year and his first since May 7. The Triple-A Nashville second baseman went 3-for-4 with a two-run shot on Monday, pushing his season line to .260/.307/.434 with 23 RBIs.
• Cardinals No. 13 prospect Jacob Wilson recorded four RBIs for Triple-A Memphis. The second baseman went 3-for-4 with a home run, his third at the Triple-A level.
• Cardinals No. 23 prospect Trey Nielsen hasn't given up an earned run since May 13. The Class A Advanced Palm Beach righty went eight innings, giving up four hits and an unearned score while striking out six. Despite his strong start, Nielsen picked up a loss and now stands at 4-4 with a 2.13 ERA.
• Cubs No. 22 prospect Christian Villanueva helped Triple-A Iowa beat El Paso, 14-4. The third baseman went 3-for-5 with a solo homer -- his fourth -- and notched three RBIs in the win.
• Dodgers No. 17 prospect Cody Bellinger powered Class A Advanced Rancho Cucamonga with a three-run home run and two walks. The 19-year-old also scored two runs, and is now hitting .295/.367/.557 with 10 dingers and 40 RBIs.
• Mariners No. 4 prospect Patrick Kivlehan went 2-for-5 and hit his third homer in the past 10 games for Triple-A Tacoma. The outfielder has strung together two straight two-hit games, and now stands at .239/.293/.439 with nine homers and 26 RBIs.
• Red Sox No. 16 prospect Javier Guerra stood up for the rest of the batters in Class A on Monday. No one had hit a long ball off White Sox No. 27 prospect Jordan Guerrero this season until Guerra did. The Greenville slugger smacked his fifth homer of the year, helping lead the Drive to a 10-9 victory over Knoxville.
• Red Sox No. 17 prospect Wendell Rijo hit his third homer of the year for Class A Advanced Salem. The two-run shot was Rijo's first since April 20 and he's now hitting .252/.282/.463 wtih 15 RBIs.
• Reds No. 25 prospect Junior Felix Arias went 2-for-5 with a two-run homer for Class A Advanced Daytona. The jack was his second for the Tortugas and he now has 12 RBIs this year.
• Royals No. 15 prospect Cheslor Cuthbert ripped a solo shot for Triple-A Omaha, his sixth of the year. In the past three games -- all against Albuquerque -- the third baseman is 5-for-12 with one dinger and two RBIs.
• Twins No. 11 prospect Stephen Gonsalves received a promotion hours after dominating on the mound. The hurler finished his stint at Class A Cedar Rapids in style, giving up two hits while striking out 11 in seven shutout innings. Gonsalves is currently tied for the Minor League lead in strikeouts with Dodgers No. 6 prospect Jose De Leon. Both have 77 strikeouts. Gonsalves' WHIP sits at 0.80 and he'll soon join Class A Advanced Fort Myers.
• White Sox No. 8 prospect Trey Michalczewski went 1-for-4 with a two-run homer for Class A Advanced Winston-Salem. The third baseman has homered twice in four games, giving him six on the season. Michalczewski also boasts 12 doubles, two triples and 32 RBIs this year.