May 29 also marks Jersey Day in Chicago and at Wrigley Field. Majestic Athletic, makers of the official on-field uniform of Major League Baseball, created Jersey Day in partnership with MLB and its 30 clubs to encourage baseball fans to celebrate their teams by donning their official jerseys to work, school, games and all over town to celebrate their love for the sport and their team. Cubs fans can stake their claim as the best fans in baseball by posting the #JerseyDayCHC hashtag on Twitter or Instagram, with votes being gathered at MajesticJerseyDay.com. Majestic is running a Superfan Sweepstakes on the microsite as well.
The following day, May 30, marks 100 years to the date of when the Federal League-champion Chicago Whales hosted the Kansas City Packers at then-Weeghman Park. The Cubs will wear throwback Chicago Whales uniforms that day and the first 10,000 fans at the game will receive a Chicago Whales Replica Throwback Jersey presented by Benjamin Moore. The Kansas City Royals will wear throwback Kansas City Federal League uniforms, while the bases used during the game will feature Weeghman Park commemorative base jewels.
Following the game Friday, May 29, Cubs manager Joe Maddon will continue his "Respect Community" charity T-shirt initiative by representing the USO of Illinois Discovery Kids Program during his post-game press conference. The program helps lift the spirits of children whose parents are training or deployed through year-round educational, recreational and cultural events and programs.
Tickets remain available for the upcoming homestand at www.cubs.com or 800-THE-CUBS (800-843-2827). Highlights of the homestand follow.
The first 10,000 fans at Wrigley Field Wednesday, May 27, will receive a Cubs Hat presented by the Conquer Cancer Foundation. The Conquer Cancer Foundation, established by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), is a charitable organization that supports clinical research in the field of oncology, patient education and patient advocacy programs.
Each guest in the Budweiser Bleachers Friday, May 29, will receive a pair of summer sunglasses, as well as free Blue Lizard Sunscreen, during the first Budweiser Bleacher Friday of the season. The Beach Bash also will include special entertainment, music and a beach-themed post-game party in Wrigleyville. Invitations to the post-game party will be shared on-site.
On Saturday, May 30, the first 10,000 fans will receive a Chicago Whales Replica Throwback Jersey presented by Benjamin Moore. The Cubs will wear throwback Chicago Whales uniforms on the field to mark 100 years to the date of when the Federal League-champion Whales hosted the Kansas City Packers at then-Weeghman Park.
The homestand concludes Sunday, May 31, when the first 5,000 children age 13-and-younger will receive a Clark W Flag Bobblehead presented by Jewel-Osco. The first 1,000 kids in the ballpark can run the bases post-game, weather permitting, as part of the team's ongoing Kids Sundays.
Guests and Entertainment:
On Memorial Day, May 25, the 7th inning stretch will be led by a country music artist who will be announced leading up to their upcoming surprise concert in Wrigleyville. The principal cast members of Broadway Chicago's "On Your Feet!" Ana Villafañe and Josh Segarra will throw ceremonial first pitches.
On Wednesday, May 27, Chris Jacobs, host of TLC's "Overhaulin'," will throw a ceremonial first pitch. Marcus Lemonis, star of CNBC's reality series "The Profit," will lead the stretch.
On Friday, May 29, United States Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus will throw a ceremonial first pitch.
University of Illinois Men's Basketball Coach John Groce will throw a first pitch and lead the 7th inning stretch Saturday, May 30.
Actor and Chicago native Joe Mantegna will throw a first pitch and lead the stretch Sunday, May 31.
This homestand, the Decade Diner located in the right field concourse will serve a Beef Kabob Gyro, featuring juicy grilled skewered beef, pickled sweet onion, fresh cucumbers, vine ripe tomatoes and garlic yogurt aioli served with warm pita bread. In addition, the Classic Tuna Melt will feature Levy Restaurants' signature tuna salad and cheddar cheese on toasted caraway rye bread.
Homestand Recap, May 25-31:
Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day) vs. Washington Nationals, 1:20 p.m.
- First pitches: Principal cast members of Broadway Chicago's "On Your Feet!" Ana Villafañe and Josh Segarra
- 7th inning stretch: Country music artist, to be announced leading up to their upcoming surprise concert in Wrigleyville
- Broadcast: WGN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Tuesday, May 26 vs. Washington Nationals, 6:05 p.m.
- Broadcast: CSN, ESPN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Wednesday, May 27 vs. Washington Nationals, 7:05 p.m.
- Promotion: Cubs Hat presented by the Conquer Cancer Foundation, first 10,000 fans
- First pitch: Host of TLC's "Overhaulin'" Chris Jacobs
- 7th inning stretch: Star of CNBC's reality series "The Profit" Marcus Lemonis
- Broadcast: CSN+, MLB Network, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Friday, May 29 vs. Kansas City Royals, 3:05 p.m.
- Budweiser Bleacher Fridays Beach Bash: Summer Sunglasses presented by Budweiser, all Budweiser Bleacher guests 21-and-older
- First pitch: United States Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus
- Broadcast: CSN, WBBM 780-AM, WRTO 1200-AM Spanish Radio, Cubs.com
Saturday, May 30 vs. Kansas City Royals, 6:15 p.m.
- Promotion: Chicago Whales Replica Throwback Jersey presented by Benjamin Moore, first 10,000 fans
- First pitch and 7th inning stretch: University of Illinois Men's Basketball Coach John Groce
- Broadcast: FOX, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Sunday, May 31 vs. Kansas City Royals, 1:20 p.m.
- Promotion: Clark W Flag Bobblehead presented by Jewel-Osco, first 5,000 children age 13-and-younger
- First pitch and 7th inning stretch: Actor and Chicago native Joe Mantegna
- Broadcast: ABC 7, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
- Kids Run the Bases post-game, first 1,000 children 13-and-under