White Sox encourage fans to arrive early for Paul Konerko number retirement ceremony
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox will honor legend Paul Konerko with a special pregame number retirement ceremony on May 23. Fans attending Saturday's game should note the following information:
- Gates to the ballpark will open at 1:10 p.m.
- Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 2:25 p.m. in order to see the ceremony, which will include opportunities for fan participation.
- First pitch of the game is scheduled for 3:10 p.m. Due to the large crowds expected for the ceremony and giveaway, White Sox fans are encouraged to arrive early to allow ample time to get through security and enter the ballpark.
- Parking lots will open at 11 a.m.
- Credit cards will be accepted at all White Sox parking lots.
- Free shuttle service will be available from remote parking lots at the Illinois Institute of Technology (33rd and State). Remote parking lots are cash only. Fans without pre-paid parking passes arriving at 1:30 p.m. or later are encouraged to proceed directly to the remote parking lots at I.I.T.
- Fans are encouraged to use public transportation (CTA/Metra/Pace).
Additional Fan Information
- The White Sox will give away Paul Konerko Replica Statues, presented by XFINITY, to the first 20,000 fans to enter U.S. Cellular Field.
- Fans should follow the White Sox on Twitter (@whitesox) for the latest updates on parking lot and gate information on May 23.
- U.S. Cellular Field adheres to a 'no re-entry' policy and fans may not re-enter the park upon exiting.
- In an effort to alleviate additional traffic at the gates, the Gate 5 smoking area will be closed until the scheduled start of the game. Any fan wishing to smoke prior to the scheduled first pitch may still do so at Gate 2, located on the right field side of U.S. Cellular Field.
- ChiSox Bar & Grill restaurant near Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field will be open to the public at 11 a.m.
- Standing Room Only tickets remain available at whitesox.com, the U.S. Cellular Field ticket office (Monday-Friday from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.) or by calling 866-SOX-GAME.
- StubHub buyers must PRINT their tickets before arriving at the ballpark. StubHub tickets CANNOT be scanned from your mobile device.