• Friday was Kershaw's 219th game in the Majors and his 217th start. Six active pitchers reached 100 wins in fewer starts: Adam Wainwright (189 starts), Justin Verlander (191), Tim Hudson (202), Jered Weaver (204), Cliff Lee (209) and Bartolo Colon (212).
• The three-time National League Cy Young Award winner and reigning NL MVP became the 15th pitcher in the divisional era (since 1969) to reach 100 wins by his age-27 season.
Dwight Gooden topped that list with 142 wins from 1984-92. Hernandez was the last pitcher to reach the milestone at that age, finishing 2013 with 110 wins. Kershaw, a 21-game winner in '11 and '14, has a chance to pass King Felix this season.
• How does a 27-year-old Kershaw compare to a 27-year-old Sandy Koufax? Let's take a look. Koufax turned 27 on Dec. 30, 1962, so let's take into account what the Dodgers legend did from 1955-62.
During those eight seasons, Koufax went 68-60 with a 3.71 ERA in 244 games, including 164 starts. He struck out 1,168 batters and walked 558 over 1,131 2/3 innings.
Kershaw has also pitched in parts of eight seasons, going 100-51 with a 2.54 ERA. He's totaled 1,511 strikeouts and walked 438 over 1,429 1/3 innings in the Majors.
• Stacking up Kershaw against another famous lefty, Randy Johnson won his 100th game in 1996, his ninth season. Johnson was 104-64 with a 3.53 ERA in 232 games, including 224 starts. Johnson went on to win 303 games as he pitched into his age-45 season.
• It's fitting that Kershaw's 100th victory came against the Rockies, as he's now beaten them 15 times, his highest win total against any team. Kershaw has 14 wins against the Giants, 12 against the Padres and 10 against the D-backs.
• Of Kershaw's 100 wins, 54 have come at Dodger Stadium. He's only been credited with a loss in 26 of his 114 starts there. The most unusual locale for a Kershaw victory was Australia, as he beat the D-backs in the Dodgers' season opener Down Under last year.
• Kershaw did his part Friday night, and so did the Dodgers' lineup. Kershaw improved to 42-2 when backed by at least six runs. He usually only requires half of that, however, as Kershaw is now 82-12 with at least three runs of support.