May 14 is the always popular CBS 11 Weather Day, where CBS 11 meteorologists will present a special pre-game weather presentation to area school children. This marks the tenth year of this springtime tradition in North Texas. CBS 11 Chief Meteorologist Larry Mowry, along with CBS 11 Meteorologists Scott Padgett, Jeff Jamison, Jeff Ray and Lisa Villegas, will host a one-hour class at approximately 10:00 a.m. Admission to Weather Day is open to anyone with the purchase of a ticket to the May 14 Rangers-Royals game. Globe Life Park home plate and center field gates will open at 9:30 a.m. for this program.
The Indians close the homestand with 7:05 p.m. contests on Friday and Saturday, May 15-16 and a 2:05 p.m. game on Sunday, May 17. Friday night's pre-game activities and the post-game Fireworks Show will be dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness. May 15 is also Asian American Heritage Night with activities including Heritage Dance demonstrations. Fans may enter FIREWORKS as the coupon code on texasrangers.com to purchase $14 Upper Reserved tickets for the May 15 game.
Saturday, Armed Forces Day will be celebrated with the first 15,000 fans, 14 and older, receiving a Fanatics Rangers Camo Cap. The Rangers will also conduct BASEBALL 101: A Beginner's Guide to Watching & Enjoying Live Baseball that night from 5:45 -6:45 p.m. in the Rangers Hall of Fame. The class is free to all fans holding a ticket to that night's Rangers-Indians game. The homestand finale on Sunday features the first 7,500 youngsters, 13 and under receiving a Scotts Miracle-Gro YUUU…T-Shirt.
Balloting to select the starters for the 2015 American and National League All-Star teams is underway. The MLB All-Star Balloting Program is the largest fan balloting program in professional sports and for the first time, balloting is available exclusively online. The ballot is available at texasrangers.com, MLB.com, the MLB.com At Bat app, and the MLB.com Ballpark app. Balloting ends on Thursday, July 2 at 10:59 PM CT.
Tickets for the upcoming homestand can be purchased at texasrangers.com, by calling 972.RANGERS, and at the Globe Life Park in Arlington ticket office.
RANGERS ADD SPECIAL EVENTS TO FRIDAY, MAY 29 GAME WITH BOSTON
A pair of special events has been announced for the Friday, May 29 game with the Boston Red Sox at Globe Life Park in Arlington. A post-game Fireworks Show has been added following the 7:05 p.m. contest. The Rangers also will celebrate National Jersey Day with a special pre-game on-field parade for all fans who wear a Rangers jersey to that game. In addition, all fans who wear their Rangers jerseys on May 29 will receive a free ticket to a select home game in August or September.
In advance of National Jersey Day, all Rangers authentic and replica jerseys will be priced at 15% off in the Majestic Grand Slam Shop and Globe Life Park merchandise shops and kiosks during the upcoming homestand with Kansas City and Cleveland.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Monday, May 11 vs. Kansas City Royals - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Carroll ISD Night
- National Anthem performed by Carroll Choir
Tuesday, May 12 vs. Kansas City Royals - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Dr Pepper/CVS Red Rangers T-Shirt (1st 15,000 fans, 14 and older)
- Mansfield ISD Night
- National Anthem performed by Timberview High School Choir
Wednesday, May 13 vs. Kansas City Royals - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Dollar Hot Dog Night
- Dr Pepper Autograph Wednesday (all fans)
- Baseball Diamonds Rangers April Player of the Month Award presentation to Nick Martinez
- Coppell ISD Night
- National Anthem performed by Coppell ISD Honor Choir
Thursday, May 14 vs. Kansas City Royals - 1:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
HP and CF gates open at 9:30 a.m.; 1B and 3B Gates open at 11:30 a.m.
- CBS 11 Weather Day (10:00 a.m.)
- Special Olympics pre-game presentation and Torch Run
Friday, May 15 vs. Cleveland Indians - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Post-Game Fireworks Show dedicated to Breast Cancer Awareness
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Awareness Night
- Asian American Heritage Night including Heritage Dance demonstrations
- Ceremonial first pitches by 2015 Texas Rangers Honorary Bat Girl Lee Ann Evans and CBS 11 reporter
- New Era Alumni Alley-Rangers Hall of Famer Toby Harrah, 6:00-6:45 p.m.
- National Anthem performed by Cross Timbers Middle School Choir
- Colors presented by Wylie East Air Force Junior ROTC
Saturday, May 16 vs. Cleveland Indians - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD
- Fanatics Rangers Camo Cap (1st 15,000 fans, 14 and older)
- Armed Forces Day pre-game salute to North Texas Purple Heart recipients
- New Era Alumni Alley-John Burkett, 6:00-6:45 p.m.
Sunday, May 17 vs. Cleveland Indians - 2:05 p.m. - FSSW-HD Gates open at 12 noon
- Scotts Miracle-Gro YUUU…T-Shirt (1st 7,500 fans, 13 and under)
- $1 Ice Cream Sunday (youngsters, 13 and under)
- Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts pre-game on-field parade
- Raising Cane's Kids Take the Field
- Kids Run the Bases post-game
- National Anthem and God Bless America performed by Robert Ellis