This homestand is highlighted by Clint Hurdle Gnome Night on Thursday, May 7; Fireworks Night at PNC Park on Saturday, May 9; and take mom to the ballpark on Mother's Day, Sunday, May 10 as all moms get a complimentary reusable tote bag thanks to MLB Network.
Tuesday, May 5, 2015-Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:05 p.m.)
- Pups in the Park: Fans can enjoy Bucco baseball with their pooch as the Pirates present one of 10 Pup Nights at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $30 with additional human tickets available for $30 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information and to order tickets fans can visit pirates.com/pups.
- Mentoring Series: Tonight the Pirates have donated 200 tickets in partnership with the Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern Pennsylvania to host mentoring organizations from throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Wednesday, May 6, 2015-Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:05 p.m.)
- Mentoring Series: Tonight is the second Pirates Mentoring Series as the Pirates have donated 200 tickets in partnership with the Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern Pennsylvania to host mentoring organizations from throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania. Tonight's event will include an on-field salute with representatives from up to five different youth mentoring groups.
- Perfect Pitch: The Pirates and Pirates Charities supported the 5th Annual "It's Your Perfect Pitch" Clinic this past Saturday at the All-American Baseball Center in Trafford, Pa. Over 60 student athletes from the Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf participated in a baseball/softball skills clinic that was hosted by the Allegheny Valley Baseball Club. In addition to assisting with the clinic, the Pirates will welcome and recognize campers from the Western PA School for the Deaf tonight during our pregame ceremonies and Pirates Charities will host students in a luxury suite for the game.
Thursday, May 7, 2015-Pirates vs. Cincinnati Reds (7:05 p.m.)
- Clint Hurdle Gnome Night: Tonight the first 20,000 fans to enter PNC Park will receive a Clint Hurdle gnome, courtesy of Trib Total Media.
- Beer Passport Night: Beer Passport ticket holders 21-and-older are invited to a 90-minute beer sampling event that begins when gates open at 5:30 p.m. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/beerpassport.
- Pirates Camo Jerseys: Today and every Thursday home game the Pirates will wear their camouflage alternate jerseys to honor the men and women who serve and have served in the United States military.
- 50/50 Raffle: Today's Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, will benefit the Wounded Warrior Project.
- On Field Military Ceremony: As part of today's Military Day efforts, representatives from the Wounded Warrior Project will be honored during a pregame on-field ceremony and hosted in the Pirates Charities Suite.
Friday, May 8, 2015-Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (7:05 p.m.)
- Allergy Awareness Night: Tonight the Pirates are pleased to host Allergy Awareness Night at PNC Park in partnership with Mylan. The night will feature a "Peanut Controlled Section" on the Pirates left field Deck. The Deck will be specially sanitized for peanuts and peanut vendors will be prohibited from entering the area. For more information, visit pirates.com/allergyawareness.
- Catholic Schools Family Night: The Pirates have partnered with the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh for Catholic Schools Family Night at PNC Park. A portion of each ticket purchased will be donated to the Bishop's Education Fund, which will provide tuition assistance to students.
- Free Shirt Friday: The Pirates popular Free Shirt Friday is back in 2015 as the first 20,000 fans, with paid admission, will receive a Pirates tee compliments of Mylan.
Saturday, May 9, 2015-Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (7:05 p.m.)
* Miracle League of Indiana County Opening Day:The Pirates Charities Miracle League Field of Indiana County will have its Grand Opening. Pirates and Pirates Charities Chairman Bob Nutting, along with broadcasters Greg Brown and John Wehner will participate in the festivities that are scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. The new field will be located at the YMCA of Indiana County. A one-inning exhibition game will take place following the opening ceremonies.
* Miracle League of the South Hills Playground Opening:The Miracle League of the South Hills will host a grand opening ceremony for their new playground, which is adjacent to the Pirates Charities Miracle League of the South Hills Field in Upper St. Clair. The ceremony begins at 9:30 a.m. as Pirates and Pirates Charities President Frank Coonelly will participate.
- Zambelli Fireworks Night: Fans are encouraged to stay in their seats immediately following the game and enjoy an amazing fireworks display presented by Zambelli Fireworks International, courtesy of Cedar Point and Coca-Cola.
- Scratch and Win: Everyone is a winner with the special Scratch 'n Win presented by Eat 'n Park. All fans will receive a scratch-off ticket upon entering PNC Park with an opportunity to win one of several great prizes.
- Cedar Point: All fans entering PNC Park will receive a coupon for a free admission to Cedar Point with the purchase of three regularly priced tickets, so buy three and take mom for free!
- Junior Pirates: Today from noon to 1 p.m., a member of the Pirates will join the Pirates community group at Brookline Memorial Field (1400 Oakridge Street, Pittsburgh, PA) to meet and participate in hitting and fielding instructions with Brookline tee-ball players ages four to six.
- Pirates Miracle League Celebration
Sunday, May 10, 2015-Pirates vs. St. Louis Cardinals (1:35 p.m.) - Kids Day and Mother's Day
- Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A and more.
- Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park with the Kids Run the Bases, presented by the Original Pizza Logs.
- For Mom: Today the Pirates celebrate mom in honor of Mother's Day as all moms entering PNC Park will receive a reusable tote bag, courtesy of MLB Network.
- Bat Girl: Major League Baseball's Honorary Bat Girl program was introduced in 2009 to raise additional awareness and support for the annual "Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer" initiative celebrated on Mother's Day. In seven years, thousands of unique testimonials have been submitted and more than 2 million fan votes have been cast. Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer is a Major League Baseball initiative supported by MLB charitable partners, Stand Up To Cancer and Susan G. Komen. This initiative raises awareness about the breast cancer cause, while also raising funds to support breast cancer research. The Honorary Bat Girl program recognizes baseball fans who have been affected by breast cancer and who demonstrate a commitment to eradicating the disease. The 2015 Honorary Bat Girl for the Pittsburgh Pirates is Kate Crawford. Kate was diagnosed at only 28 with terminal breast cancer and given only a 15% chance of living 5 years. She and her husband have three small children; twins girls who are 6 and their son who is 5 and has special needs. Kate was nominated by her husband.
- Wearing Pink: Players and on-field personnel will wear the symbolic pink ribbon on their uniforms along with pink wrist bands. Commemorative base jewels and dugout lineup cards also will be pink. Games will feature a pink-stitched Rawlings baseball, the official ball of MLB, as the official game ball. Many MLB players also will use pink bats, and pink Louisville Slugger bats, the Official Bat of Major League Baseball, will be stamped with the MLB breast cancer awareness logo. Many authenticated, game-used Louisville Slugger pink bats from Mother's Day games will be auctioned exclusively on MLB.com to benefit the fight against breast cancer.
- Home Run for Motorcycle Safety Day: Join the Pittsburgh Pirates and The Greater Pittsburgh Motorcycle Safety Council on Federal Street to promote shared responsibility among motorists and motorcyclists. Fans looking to learn how to park their bike on Federal Street can contact Greg Haus at (412) 417-9816 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Butterfly Bandits: Today the Pirates join in recognizing and raising awareness for those impacted by thyroid cancer as the team and fans support the Butterfly Bandits. A portion of the proceeds from each ticket sold at pirates.com/butterflybandits will benefit the UPMC Multidisciplinary Thyroid Center.
- Advantage Card Game: As part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, today is a Giant Eagle Advantage Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on select tickets for every Sunday home game. For complete details, visit pirates.com/advantagecard.
Voting has begun for the 2015 MLB All Star game in Cincinnati and to encourage fans to vote for their favorite Buccos, the Pirates are offering extra incentives to cast ballots. Fans voting for their favorite Pirates can take advantage of a special buy one, get one free ticket offer. The Pirates want fans to vote early and vote often. Fans are now able to vote a maximum of 35 times online with the 2015 All-Star Game MLB.com Ballot. Voting ends July 2 at 11:59 p.m. ET. To vote for your Pirates and for complete details, visit pirates.com/vote.
Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffles
The Pirates Charities 50/50 Raffle, supported by Rivers Casino, is back for the 2015 season. The 50/50 Raffles will take place during each Pirates home game throughout the season. Raffle ticket prices are three (3) tickets for $5, 10 tickets for $10 and 40 tickets for $20 with all proceeds benefiting Pirates Charities. Raffle ticket sales close after the last out in the sixth inning. The winning number will be drawn, announced in the 8th inning and the winner will receive 50 percent of the total pot. Winning numbers will also be posted on pirates.com/5050raffle within three business days.
2015 Bucaroos Kids Club
The Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A, is open to all kids ages 14 and younger. The club offers special member-only benefits and has two great membership options-one of which is free. Fans can visit pirates.com/bucaroos to learn more about the different membership options and how to earn free game ticket vouchers, great gear and access to our exclusive Rewards Program.
2015 Lady Bucs Club
Lady Pirates fans and their closest friends are invited to join the Lady Bucs Club. Experience Pirates baseball in an exciting new way as membership includes one (1) ticket to two (2) Lady Bucs Party Nights, seating in the Outfield Box, membership card and access to each of the four (4) pregame Lady Bucs Club parties in the Pirates Picnic Park and more. Check out pirates.com/ladybucs for membership costs and a list of detailed benefits.
Where's the Parrot
The Pirate Parrot is active in and around the community as an ambassador of the Pirates organization. Below are a few of the upcoming events he will be attending in the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
- Saturday, May 9 the Parrot will be attending the Heart in the Park Walk at Allegheny Commons from 8-9 a.m.
- Sunday, May 17 the Parrot will be attending the Follansbee Baseball Mid-Season Classic from 3-4 p.m. in Follansbee, WV.
Hunt Auctions Kiosk
Located on the main concourse behind section 125, the Hunt Auctions kiosk is your one and only source for game-used and autographed items at PNC Park. Stop by to own your piece of the 2014 Pirates post-season, or check out our new autographed and game-used products featuring Gerrit Cole, Pedro Alvarez, Andrew McCutchen and more.
Pirates Season Ticket Plans
Full Season, 41-game and 20-game season ticket memberships are available for the 2015 season. Full and partial-season ticket plans feature exclusive benefits including membership experiences, guaranteed seats for the biggest games, discounted ticket prices, plus much more. For more information regarding purchasing a season ticket plan, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/tickets.
All Full Season and 41-game season ticket members who have not renewed their accounts for the 2015 season are encouraged to do so now. The only way to ensure great tickets throughout the season at PNC Park is by becoming a 2015 Season Ticket Member.
For select games during the 2015 season, students with a valid college email address can receive a special discount of up to $10 off the advance ticket price of select games. For complete information and to register a valid email go to pirates.com/student.
For a complete list of the 2015 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.