The Marlins today announced four of the five musical acts to take the stage as part of the Saturday Spectacular summer concert series at Marlins Park this season: Jake Miller, Charli XCX, Gente de Zona and Jerry Rivera. The summer concert series will take place on the West Plaza at the conclusion of the following five Saturday games: May 2 vs. the Phillies, May 16 vs. the Braves, June 13 vs. the Rockies, June 27 vs. the Dodgers and July 11 vs. the Reds.
- Jake Miller will open the concert series on May 2. The Miami-born pop artist was one of MTV's 2014 "Ones to Watch" artists. Miller has independently released two EP's: 2012's "Spotlight" and 2013's "The Road Less Traveled," which debuted at No. 1 on the iTunes Hip-Hop chart. His full-length album, 2013's "Us Against Them," sold over 33,000 copies and peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard Rap chart.
- Charli XCX, an English singer and songwriter, will follow with the second concert on May 16. Her songwriting has been featured on the double platinum 'I Love It' with Swedish duo Icona Pop and most notably the 4M-selling hit collaboration 'Fancy' with Iggy Azalea that earned the pair two Grammy nominations. Her latest album "SUCKER" features the Top 10 hit 'Boom Clap. Rolling Stone declared "SUCKER" to be their '#6 Best Album of 2014,' while Billboard awarded her with the first ever Women in Music 'Hitmaker Award.'
- Gente de Zona takes the stage for the third concert on June 13; the Cuban raggaeton group returns to Marlins Park following a successful debut on May 24, 2014. In 2014, the group, led by Alexander Delgado and Randy Malcolm, won three Latin GRAMMY®s and, with the success of "Descemer Bueno" and "Bailando" recorded with Enrique Iglesias, reached superstar status.
- The fourth concert will take place on June 27 and the act will be announced at a later date.
- The final show of the concert series will be by Jerry Rivera on July 11. The Grammy-nominated, multi-platinum salsa singer from Puerto Rico recently released a new single, with Bachata sensation, Antony Santos, "Noche Bohemia." His artistic diversity and ability captivate a demographically diverse fanbase, makes him one of the biggest musical acts in the world.
On the four additional Saturday Spectacular home games that start at 4:10 p.m. (April 25, Sept. 5, Sept. 12, and Sept. 26), the Marlins will host a postgame plaza party with live entertainment, food and drink specials. These games will also feature a pregame plaza party with music, player autograph sessions and activations.
Admission to the concerts is included with the purchase of a game ticket. Fans can take advantage of the All You Can Eat seats on every Saturday Spectacular, which include a game ticket and unlimited Kayem Beef Franks, peanuts, popcorn, nachos, Pepsi soft drinks and Aquafina water for just $35 in Bullpen Reserved or $45 Lexus Legends Level. For more information on all promotions and events taking place at Marlins Park this season, please visit Marlins.com/Promotions.