Jackie Robinson Salute & Hatfield Phillies Franks Dollar Dog Night; Plus Citizens Bank Red Goes Green Night and Business Person's Special
MIAMI MARLINS (April 21-23)
TUESDAY: 7:05 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley - 5:05 p.m.; Other gates - 5:35 p.m. … Broadcast: CSN, Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, SportsRadio 94WIP, and in Spanish on SBP 1480.
- Hatfield Phillies Franks Dollar Dog Night. Phillies Frank dogs are just a dollar!
- Jackie Robinson Salute with Commemorative Pin for all fans.
- Introductions of Mahlon Duckett, the last surviving member of the Philadelphia Stars
- Tuskegee Airmen honor guard
- Special presentation by Phillies' Ryan Howard, Ben Revere, and Jerome Williams
- Jackie Robinson Statue: Created by local sculptor Brian Birrer, the life-size statue is available for photos at the Left Field Gate in Ashburn Alley
- National Anthem: Sister Cities Girlchoir, The Girlchoir movement in Philadelphia and Camden
- Special Introduction: Michael Handley, grandson of Lee Handley who was a player on the Phillies 1947 team who reached out to Jackie Robinson
- Phillies College Marketing Night. College marketing students get a behind-the-scenes look at the Phillies front office.
WEDNESDAY: 7:05 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley - 5:05 p.m.; Other gates - 5:35 p.m. … Broadcast: CSN, Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, and in Spanish on SBP 1480.
- On-Field, Pregame:
- Shawn Garvin, Regional Administrator for the U.S. EPA Mid-Atlantic Region, will throw the ceremonial first pitch.
- Base jewels will have the Red Goes Green logo on them.
- Citizens Bank Red Goes Green Sustainability Initiative Contest Winner: Awarded to ninth grade teacher Elliott Karetny from Timber Creek Regional High School in Erial, NJ, who leads his students in many projects, including performing energy audits in their classrooms, composting and maintaining a 1,000 square foot rain garden that serves as an outdoor classroom.
- First Base Plaza Red Goes Green displays and activities:
- A 7 ft. Phanatic made of moss and flowers will be on display, designed and created by the Phillies' landscaping crew for the 2015 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show held in March. Find out about the Phillies' Red Goes Green community outreach, as well as interact with Phil the Can.
- See one-winged Jackson the Owl, who was rehabbed and is cared for at The Schuylkill Center.
- Learn tips on how to be more sustainable, thanks to the EPA's exhibit table.
- Find out how to grow food locally, courtesy of the Food Policy Advisory Council from the Mayor's Office of Sustainability.
- Stop by the "Build a Sustainable PA" display, which showcases sustainable building materials, provided by the PA Department of Environmental Protections.
- Register for free trees, thanks to the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, the Phillies' partner for their Home Run for Trees initiative.
- Stop by Revolution Recovery's art display, showcasing recycled materials.
- Learn about Recyclebank, a program where residents are rewarded points for at-home recycling, which can be redeemed for items and discounts through recyclebank.com.
- Get free common milkweed seeds, thanks to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and representatives from the John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge.
- Learn recycling tips, courtesy of Waste Management, the Phillies' hauler and sponsor of the Red Goes Green Team.
- Phillies College Sports Marketing Night. College sports business students get a behind-the-scenes look at the Phillies front office.
THURSDAY: 1:05 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley - 11:05 a.m.; Other gates - 11:35 a.m. … Broadcast: CSN, Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, SportsRadio 94WIP and in Spanish on SBP 1480.
Tickets: Fans can purchase tickets at phillies.com, by calling 215-463-1000 or in person at the First Base Gate Ticket Windows.
Traffic: Motorists are reminded they can log on to www.511pa.com, www.511nj.org or call 511 from any phone before or after the game to check traffic conditions on major highways surrounding the Sports Complex.
Phandom: Fans are encouraged to check-in using Ballpark, Citizens Bank Park's official mobile app! Fans can also follow the action before and during the game via @Phillies on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, which also features special opportunities and prizes for followers. Plus, check out MLB.com's At Bat App for lots more.
Extra! Extra! Issue 1 of the 2015 Phillies Magazine featuring new Phillies catcher Carlos Ruiz, available at the Majestic Clubhouse Store or ballpark NewsStands.
Check it out: What's New at Citizens Bank Park in food, fashion and fandom this season!