With large crowds expected, fans heading out to Turner Field for the Home Opener are encouraged to arrive early. Fans should plan in advance and factor travel time, parking and security into their arrival time in order to be seated by 6:45 p.m. for the special pregame ceremony.
The Braves will pay tribute to the last 50 years in Atlanta in a special pregame ceremony with video highlights and appearances by some of the most iconic figures in Braves history.
- Scheduled to appear: Bill Bartholomay, Hank Aaron, Phil Niekro, Dale Murphy, Bobby Cox, Fred McGriff, Sid Bream and Chipper Jones.
Parking lots will open at 2 p.m. and the Turner Field gates will open three hours (4:35 p.m.) before the first pitch. (Please note: the media parking lot opens at 7 a.m.)
Braves parking lots will be permit only. If fans have not pre-purchased their parking, the Braves are encouraging everyone to take alternate transportation to Turner Field. The MARTA Braves shuttle begins its run 90 minutes prior to first pitch from the Underground Atlanta/Five Points MARTA station to Turner Field until one hour after the final out.
For those fans who may want to arrive at the ballpark before the MARTA Braves shuttle begins its game operation MARTA recommends catching any one of three other available bus routes - the #32, the # 49 or the # 55. All three bus lines may be caught at the Five Points MARTA station and all three routes stop at points adjacent (i.e. Hank Aaron Drive, Pollard Blvd) to Turner Field. For more information on these routes please visit itsmarta.com.
Turner Field ticket windows and ticket kiosks will open at 9:30 a.m. for fans who would like to purchase any remaining reserved seats or pick up pre-purchased tickets in advance and will remain open until the end of the 6th inning. Ticket kiosks located in front of Turner Field are always open while the front gates are unlocked.
Friday, April 10 at 7:35 p.m. - Fans are asked to be in their seats by 6:45 p.m.
- Gate giveaway: Georgia Power Magnetic Schedule: The first 45,000 fans will receive a magnetic schedule presented by Georgia Power.
- Pregame performance: Ed Roland and the Sweet Tea Project: A Georgia native, Ed Roland first gained popularity as the lead singer of legendary band Collective Soul. Ed Roland and the Sweet Tea Project is Ed Roland's side project that began in 2011, releasing their debut album, Devils 'n Darlins, in 2013. The band will perform a 60-minute set in Fan Plaza starting at 5:15 p.m.
- National anthem: Ed Roland and the Sweet Tea Project will take the field to perform the national anthem, while A List members hold an American flag that covers the outfield.
- Hometown Hero: The Braves will honor a local military member during the game.
- 7th inning stretch: Performance of God Bless America by Timothy Miller of the Atlanta Opera.
- Friday Night Fireworks presented by Georgia Lottery: Fans will be treated to a dazzling display of fireworks over Turner Field with an ACDC music theme.
- Merchandise offer: The Braves Game Used Store (located on the Terrace Level near the Chop House) will be offering a 20% discount to all A List members during the first homestand, April 10 - 15.
- MLB.com Ballpark app check-in offers:
- Braves Tomahawks: The first 800 fans to check in will unlock a red foam tomahawk.
- Friday Night Fireworks on the field: One fan will unlock the chance to bring three friends on the field to watch the postgame fireworks. Redeemable at the A List Clubhouse (Section 128).
- AT&T Opening Night MVP: The 200th fan to check in on the MLB.com Ballpark app will become AT&T's MVP and win four tickets and a parking pass to a future Braves home game, a Samsung Gear Circle, a Samsung Tumbler and a Braves autographed item.
- Atlanta Braves Foundation Opening Day Auction: From the gates opening until the third inning, the Atlanta Braves Foundation will host a large silent auction featuring signed baseballs, bats, hats, photos, and framed pieces as part of its Opening Day festivities. The auction will take place in the Plaza, Section 202 and the SunTrust Club.All proceeds from the auction will benefit the Atlanta Braves Foundation, the non-profit arm of the Atlanta Braves