The Orioles have announced new promotions available exclusively within the free MLB.com Ballpark mobile application at Oriole Park during the 2015 season. MLB.com Ballpark offers mobile check-in, social media, special offers, rewards, and exclusive content for anyone with a supported Android smartphone or iPhone.
Incentives for fans to "check in" using MLB.com Ballpark include offers that will reward fans at every home game and that reward fans for checking in over the course of the entire season.
Daily offers for every game include:
- Exclusive T-Shirt: A limited edition "I Am Here" T-shirt for 25 of the first 100 fans who check in and visit Fan Assistance behind home plate after they unlock this offer.
- Seat Upgrade: One fan out of the first 200 who check in each game will unlock an opportunity to upgrade their seats to a Field Box location.
Season-long offers include:
- On-Field Pre-Game Experience: The first 25 fans who check in to at least 25 games at Oriole Park using the application by September 16 will unlock an offer for the opportunity to enjoy a pre-game, on-field experience with a guest at a game during Fan Appreciation Weekend.
- Autographed Promotional Items: On various dates throughout the season, fans who check in will be eligible to receive an Orioles promotional item autographed by an Orioles player.
- MLB.com Shop Offers: Each month during the season a new offer for the MLB.com Shop will be available for all fans. Starting in April, fans who check in at least once between Friday, April 10 and Wednesday, April 29 will receive an offer for 25% off their online order in the MLB.com Shop.
Oriole Park is permanently equipped with Apple iBeacon technology, which uses Bluetooth Low Energy and geofencing for micro-location awareness. Fans at Oriole Park will be able to utilize iBeacon technology within the free MLB.com Ballpark application. With iBeacon, check in at Oriole Park will happen automatically each time fans attend an Orioles game with MLB.com Ballpark on supported iOS devices. By checking in, fans will unlock offers and rewards to use at Oriole Park. Ballpark is the official MLB ballpark application and perfectly complements and personalizes Oriole Park visits with maps, menus, social media, exclusive content and My Journal, a customizable timeline of every trip to a MLB ballpark. Fans can text BALLPARK to 31826 to download MLB.com Ballpark on supported iPhone and Android smartphones. Message and Data Rates may apply.
More information on the MLB.com Ballpark app and complete terms and conditions for rewards and promotions are available at www.orioles.com/checkin.