Colorado Rockies Announce New Metal Detector Procedures for 2015
DENVER - As a result of Major League Baseball's league-wide implementation requirement and in the interest of continuing to ensure fan safety at Coors Field, the Colorado Rockies announced today that they will be using walk-through metal detectors at all gates beginning on Opening Day, April 10, 2015.
"Part of providing a great experience for our fans at Coors Field has always been making sure they are safe," said Rockies Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Greg Feasel. "This MLB initiative is the right thing to do to ensure that safety and we will work hard to minimize the extra few minutes at the gates."
Some key points for Rockies fans to keep in mind for the 2015 season:
- The Rockies tested metal detectors at a rotation of gates during the 2014 season, so fans can expect a smooth transition to a full season of security measures.
- Unlike the procedures at the airport, fans entering Coors Field WILL NOT be required to remove shoes or belts; fans will be required to remove cell phones, cameras and keys prior to passing through the metal detectors.
- As in past seasons, the Rockies will continue to allow fans to bring bags, backpacks and purses into Coors Field (16"x16"x8" size limit). The food and drink policy will remain the same as well.
- Fans should allow extra time for entry on game days, and fans should be aware of all of the entrance gates as there are typically much shorter lines at gates other than the home plate gate (Gate D, 20th and Blake). For fans who have no carry-in items, there are Express Lanes at Gates B (22nd and Blake), C (21st and Blake) and D. There are also special lanes for Season Ticket Holders only at Gates A, C and E (Wynkoop).
- Gates A (Parking Lot) and E open two hours prior to game time; Gates B, C and D open 90 minutes prior to game time. For Opening Day, gates will open earlier: Gates A and B for The Rooftop will open at 11 a.m., and all other gates will open at noon.
- Coors Field parking lots will open at 9 a.m. on Opening Day. Visit Rockies.com/parking for all details.