The Dodger Stadium Express Union Station bus service includes the benefit of enjoying a dedicated bus lane on Sunset Boulevard from Union Station to Elysian Park Ave. Dodger game-day tickets will be honored as payment to ride the bus service and it will operate 90 minutes before the game and 45 minutes after the game. Fans can also park at Union Station for $6 and take the Dodger Stadium Express free with a game ticket. Fans can also board the Union Station bus at Broadway and Cesar Chavez, a short walk from the Chinatown Gold Line Metro stop.
The Dodger Stadium Express Union Station has two stops on site-in center field, behind the pavilions, and at the Top Deck, Lot P.
The Dodger Stadium Express South Bay will provide service from the South Bay from the Harbor Gateway Transit Center starting two hours before game time and every 15 minutes thereafter. Riders will board at Bay 9 and their Dodger ticket covers the travel cost. Those without tickets will be charged $2.50. Buses will drop off in Lot G by the right-field pavilion. The return service begins with buses leaving five minutes after the last out and continuing for 45 minutes in five-minute intervals.
Following are helpful hints regarding the Dodger Stadium Express and other Metro tips:
- Board the Dodger Express Union Station service at the Patsaouras Bus Plaza adjacent to the east portal of Union Station. Parking is $6 at Union Station and the shuttle is free with a Dodger ticket. The service travels to Dodger Stadium via Sunset Blvd. and Cesar Chavez Ave.
- Service will be provided starting 90 minutes prior to the beginning of the game and will end 45 minutes after the end of the game
- Service will be provided every 10 minutes prior to the start of the game and runs approximately every 30 minutes throughout the game
- Dodger tickets will be honored as fare payment to ride the service. Those fans traveling from Union Station without a ticket will pay regular one-way fare of $1.75.
- Patrons are encouraged to use the many transportation alternatives that serve Union Station that will connect them to the Dodger Stadium Express Union Station.
- Metro operates the Metro Gold Line from East Los Angeles to Pasadena
- The Metro Red/Purple subway lines operate from Wilshire/Western and North Hollywood to downtown
- The Metro Green Line operates between Norwalk and El Segundo and intersects with the Metro Blue Line operating between Long Beach and downtown Los Angeles
- Metrolink and Amtrak trains are available and Metro operates many bus lines that serve Union Station where patrons can easily transfer to the Dodger Stadium Express Union Station.
The Dodgers also encourage use of MTA buses on Sunset Blvd. as well as using the Gold Line in Chinatown. The walk from the Chinatown stop to Dodger Stadium is three-quarters of a mile and the walk to the Union Station stop on Broadway is one-quarter mile. Metro also will have the #2 and #4 buses available from the Red Line station in Hollywood that will operate to the Dodger Stadium entrance at Sunset Blvd. and Elysian Park Ave.
For specific route and schedule information, fans can visit www.metro.net/around/dodger-stadium-express or call 323.GO.METRO.