MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL, Minn. - The Minnesota Twins today announced plans for the 2015 Home Opener, scheduled for 3:10 p.m. on Monday, April 13 versus the A.L. Champion Kansas City Royals at Target Field.
All fans in attendance will receive a Twins hoodie (size M/XL) presented by your local Northland Ford Dealers. The Twins also plan several special events prior to the start of the game with gates opening at 1 p.m. (two hours before first pitch) to allow fans to get to the ballpark in plenty of time to enjoy the pregame festivities.
Monday, April 13 - Twins vs. Royals
- 6 to 9 a.m. - Breakfast on the Plaza - Fans are invited to drive down 7th Street (adjacent to the Twins Majestic Clubhouse Store) and grab a free ballpark breakfast. Free food and beverages will also be available to bikers and pedestrians on the 7th Street side of Target Plaza.
- Noon to 2:15 p.m. - DJ Mad Mardigan will perform on the balcony overlooking Target Plaza.
- Noon to 2:15 p.m. - Live music at Target Field Station (Field Trip plays from noon to 1 p.m. followed by The Golden Hippie from 1:15 to 2:15 p.m.) Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
- 1 p.m. - Gates open - legendary Twins players will ceremonially open the gates (Bert Blyleven will represent fellow Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew at Gate 3, Tony Oliva at Gate 6, Kent Hrbek at Gate 14, Tom Kelly will represent Rod Carew at Gate 29 and a Twins representative will represent Kirby Puckett at Gate 34).
- Approx. 2:30 p.m. - A special pregame performance by recording artist Shawn Mendes. Following his performance, fans can meet Shawn Mendes in the new Twins Digital Clubhouse in the U.S. Bank Homerun Porch. A deluxe version of Shawn Mendes' debut album, "Handwritten," featuring two bonus tracks, will be available exclusively at Target and Target.com beginning Tuesday, April 14.
- The National Anthem will be performed by local singer and entrepreneur Greta Oglesby. Greta Oglesby can be seen in the Guthrie Theater's production of The Crucible, Arthur Miller's drama playing April 11- May 24th.
- A ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by legendary Timberwolves player Kevin Garnett.
- A flyover featuring a pair of F-16s from the Duluth-based 148th Fighter Wing of the Minnesota Air National Guard.
On-field pregame ceremony will include, in this order:
- Both teams will be introduced along the foul lines.
- A giant flag will be unfurled by Twins Season Ticket Holders
- Raptor Center Eagles Pi and Max will be at home plate
- Margaret Anderson Kelliher, Chair of the Minnesota Ballpark Authority, will raise the Hennepin County Flag.
- Jerry Driscoll, Retired Air Force First Lieutenant will raise the American Flag. He served 24 years of active duty in the Air Force, 7 of which were spent as a P.O.W. in Vietnam.
- Kevin Enge, Twins season ticket holder since 2002, will raise the Twins Territory Flag.
In-game elements include:
- A ballpark-wide photo - Fans in attendance are encouraged to be in their seats during the 3rd inning to be a part of the Target Field ballpark-wide photo. Then, fans can visit www.twinsbaseball.com/tagoramic to tag themselves at the game.
- "Take Me out to the Ballgame" in the 7th inning will be performed by recording artist Shawn Mendes and fans
- "God Bless America" will be performed by Denver Murphy, Airman First Class in the U.S. Air Force.
Limited seats and standing room tickets are available for the Twins Home Opener on Monday, April 13, 2015. Season, group and single-game tickets for the remainder of the 2015 season at Target Field are now available at www.twinsbaseball.com, by calling 612-33-TWINS (612-338-9467) or 800-33-TWINS (800-338-9467), or in-person at the Target Field Ticket Office and at Twins Pro Shops located in Apple Valley, Roseville and Minnetonka.