The Chicago White Sox salute members of the Chicago Fire Department and Chicago Police Department for their bravery and service with a special offer for two complimentary tickets to one of 15 games at U.S. Cellular Field this season. This is the fourth consecutive year the team has provided tickets to police officers and the third season that the offer has been extended to Chicago firefighters. Since the program's inception, the White Sox have provided department members more than 55,000 game tickets.
Each member of the Chicago Fire and Police Departments can redeem the two tickets starting Monday, March 23, at the U.S. Cellular Field Ticket Office (Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. or Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on non-game days). Firefighters and officers will be required to show their department identification and badge in order to claim the tickets. The deadline to redeem is Friday, May 15.
The 15 White Sox games available include:
- April 20 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10 p.m.
- April 21 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10 p.m.
- April 22 vs. Cleveland Indians, 1:10 p.m.
- April 23 vs. Kansas City Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- May 5 vs. Detroit Tigers, 7:10 p.m.
- May 6 vs. Detroit Tigers, 7:10 p.m.
- May 7 vs. Detroit Tigers, 1:10 p.m.
- May 18 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10 p.m.
- May 19 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10 p.m.
- May 20 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10 p.m.
- May 21 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10 p.m.
- June 9 vs. Houston Astros, 7:10 p.m.
- June 10 vs. Houston Astros, 7:10 p.m.
- June 17 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:10 p.m.
- June 18 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 7: 10 p.m.
All game dates subject to availability.
"The extraordinary men and women of the Police and Fire Departments dedicate their lives to protecting our residents and our neighborhoods, and this is yet another great way to show them our thanks," said Mayor Rahm Emanuel. "I want to thank the White Sox organization for once again showing their generosity with these tickets and for their recognition of the brave men and women who proudly serve our great city."
"Every day, the men and women of the Chicago Police and Fire Departments risk their lives to make our city a safer place," said White Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf. "They are like family to us at the White Sox and we are proud to welcome our brothers and sisters of the departments to the ballpark to enjoy a game. It is a simple way to say thank you for their everyday bravery and service."
In addition to the complimentary ticket offer, the White Sox also host a special promotion to honor first responders - Police & Fire Night and White Sox Tablet Cover giveaway, presented by UL, on Wednesday, August 12 vs. the Los Angeles Angels at 7:10 p.m. Members of both the Chicago Police and Fire Departments will be honored in special pre-game activities and the first 10,000 fans in attendance will receive White Sox tablet covers.