Several prospects stood out:
• Third baseman Cheslor Cuthbert drilled a two-out, two-run single in the bottom of the ninth to give the Royals the walk-off 5-4 win.
• Right-hander Miguel Almonte struck out the side in his one inning of work. "He just had great stuff," Yost said. "The first guy he like struck out on three or four pitches. Whoa."
• Outfielder Brett Eibner homered to left. "He jolted that one," Yost said.
• Shortstop Raul Mondesi stole two bases and lined out hard to right field.
• Right fielder Jorge Bonifacio had a single, an RBI and two sterling catches in the outfield.
One prospect who didn't fare well was former first-round Draft pick Bubba Starling, who struck out three times, including in the ninth inning with the tying and winning runs on.
"But this is a great experience for him," Yost said. "This is his first Spring Training. This is really valuable for him."
Jeffrey Flanagan is a reporter for MLB.com. Follow him on Twitter at @jflanagankc. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.