The Cleveland Indians announced on Tuesday morning that the team's Home Opener, on April 10 vs. the Detroit Tigers, has sold out.
The game sold out in 11 minutes, marking the 23rd consecutive home opener sellout and the 22nd at Progressive Field, which opened in 1994.
Since the Indians in 2009 moved the initial on-sale date to Spring, Opening Day sellouts have become official on March 30 (2009), April 8 (2010), March 24 (2011), March 15 (2012), February 25 (2013) and March 3 (2014).
Fans wishing to attend 2015 Opening Day - marking the club's 115th as a charter member of the American League - still can secure tickets a couple of ways.
- By purchasing a full Season Ticket package. Season Ticket Holders once again will save over 40% on average of Single-Game ticket purchasers in 2014. Only those purchasing a full Season Ticket package will receive Opening Day tickets.
- By attending one of the team's Spring Training Opener Watch Parties later today. The Indians will host Watch Parties at 3PM at Melt Lakewood, Barrio Downtown and Sweet Moses, to celebrate those restaurants' presence in the new Right Field District at Progressive Field in 2015.
Single-Game tickets remain available for other 2015 games, including top promotional dates. Those include:
- June 6 vs. Baltimore: Corey Kluber bobblehead courtesy of Sugardale
- June 20 vs. Tampa Bay: 1995 T-shirt designed by GV Art + Design
- July 11 vs. Oakland: Sandy Alomar jersey courtesy of Medical Mutual
- July 25 vs. Chicago White Sox: Larry Doby replica statue courtesy of KeyBank
- August 8 vs. Minnesota: Michael Brantley bobblehead
- August 29 vs. Los Angeles Angels: Yan Gomes jersey courtesy of Sherwin-Williams
Fans wishing to secure Opening Day tickets by purchasing a Full Season Ticket package should call the club's Season Ticket sales department at 216-420-HITS.