The Blue Jays will be offering fans a chance to attend their fantasy camp in Dunedin Florida, November 15-20. The package includes airfare from Toronto to Tampa and five nights hotel accommodation at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa. Participants will play where the Blue Jays play with games and practises at both the Bobby Mattick Training Complex and Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. They will receive instruction and coaching from some of the greatest Blue Jays to ever play the game. Participants will receive their own authentic Blue Jays uniform along with their own personal locker at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium.
Blue Jays alumni already scheduled to participate includes Roberto Alomar, Kelly Gruber, George Bell, Lloyd Moseby, Jesse Barfield, Homer Bush, Duane Ward, Alex Gonzalez and many more.. The cost of the fantasy camp is $4,660 (plus HST) and requires a deposit of $1,000 (plus HST) at the time of registration in order to secure a spot.
"We are proud to be bringing back the very popular Blue Jays Fantasy Camp in 2015. This once in a lifetime opportunity allows fans to experience what it's like to be a major leaguer for a week. We are an organization rich in tradition, so an experience such as this is a must do for any Blue Jays fan", Stephen Brooks, Senior Vice President, Business Operations.
For an additional fee, fantasy campers will also have the opportunity to extend their stay and enjoy a round of golf with Blue Jays Alumni. Participants will be required to fly down a day earlier on Saturday, November 14, 2015 and will play golf at Innisbrook Golf Resort in Tampa, Florida.
The Standard Fantasy Camp Package Includes:
- Five nights hotel accommodation at the Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa (double occupancy with a fellow camper)
- Roundtrip airfare (economy) between Toronto, Ontario and Tampa, Florida (flight dates: November 15, 2015 and November 20, 2015)
- Shuttle service between airport and hotel
- Baseball skills instruction from Blue Jays alumni and coaches and daily baseball games with fellow campers at Blue Jays training facilities
- Shuttle service between hotel and training facilities
- Authentic Blue Jays uniform:
- Personalized "home" and "away" jerseys
- Fitted cap
- Baseball pants with belt
- Two T-shirts
- Use of clubhouse locker with personalized nameplate
- Breakfast and lunch provided daily
- Social events throughout the week including a welcome dinner, camper team draft and closing night awards dinner
Interested participants can sign up at bluejays.com/fantasycamp or call the Blue Jays Baseball Academy at 416-341-2500. Space is limited, participants must be 21 years or older to attend the camp.