Bright House Field, the Spring Training home of the Phillies, is a ballpark that provides the complete fan experience - but things are going to a whole new level.
Earlier today, the Phillies announced several exciting developments to the ballpark's video displays, food, fashion and merchandise lineup, as well as the arrival of temporary resident of Clearwater and Bright House Field - the Phillie Phanatic, often named as one of the best mascots in the major leagues.
Fans can experience all of the below new additions starting on Sunday, March 1 during the 1:05 p.m. game against the University of Tampa, and continuing with the first official spring training game against the New York Yankees on Tuesday, March 3 at 1:05 p.m.
NEW! State-of-the-art Video Scoreboard and LED "Ribbon" Displays:
The fan experience just received a noticeable upgrade
- The Bright House Field Video Scoreboard has almost doubled in size to display a higher resolution, better viewing angles and superior performance in the sun.
- With a new versatile design, the Video Scoreboard is now capable of several layouts from full screen to multiple windows - all adding to fan enjoyment and entertainment.
- A new LED "Ribbon" display has been added just above the first base concourse to enhance the view of fans sitting in the Left Field seating areas including the berm as well as those enjoying the Tiki Bar.
- Both displays are capable of showing HD quality videos, interactive features, animations, live FAN CAMS, highlights and replays, and, of course, game action.
- The Bright House Field Video Control Room is a full high-definition facility for video production and playback, with state of the art production, graphics and animation capabilities as well as improved fan and ballpark coverage with two new handheld, wireless cameras. It will be the first networks for various year to date, situational, and game in-progress statistics.
The Phillie Phanatic is back! The temporary resident at Bright House Field has returned for the Spring: He has arrived! Phanatic said goodbye to Philadelphia to be with his favorite team all spring long.
Phanatic's Spring Break
- For the second year, the Phanatic will spend all of Phillies spring training in Clearwater with the team.
- Phanatic will attend every Phillies spring training home game this season, allowing fans of all ages an opportunity to see their favorite mascot roving Bright House Field on the regular.
- The first game appearance at Bright House Field for the Phanatic will be Sunday, March 1 when the Phillies play the University of Tampa at 1:05 p.m.
New! Phillies Spring Training Merchandise & Novelty Enhancements: The renovated Retail Tent adjacent to the Tiki Bar features a wider selection of exclusive Phillies spring training gear.
Merchandise & Novelties
- Neon - The Brighter, the Better: Neon is always hot but especially for spring training as fans can stand out from the rest with great hats and apparel.
- Phillies "Wild" Fashion: Trendy and fun animal prints, with a textured feel, add a distinctive look to women's wear.
- Polka Dotted Princess: Taking cute to new heights, polka dot onesies and other toddler fashions will have every mini-Phillies fan looking adorable.
- Not Your Average Menswear: Whether a preppy golf polo or traditional baseball t-shirt, every fan will find something to suit his personal taste.
- Phillies Ladies Apparel & Accessories: Chic wristlets, jewelry and hair accessories finish off every outfit with added Phillies style.
- Beach Ready Gear: Show your Phillies' spirit everywhere - even in the sand and sun - with cool tanks,straw hats, beach towels and more!
Award-winning Food at Citizens Bank Park comes to Bright House Field: From traditional ballpark fare and Philly's favorites…to foods with local Florida flavor…to healthier and gluten-free options, there has always been plenty to choose! With this vast selection comes the addition of new features for the 2015 season:
New Featured Menu Items
- NEW! Bull's BBQ: Imported straight from Citizens Bank Park, the most popular sandwich in the ballpark, former slugger Greg "the Bull" Luzinski's BBQ pork sandwich will be served at Bright House Field for the first time in 2015, along with Bull's Roast Beef Sandwich.
- NEW! Hatfield Hot Dogs: New this spring - all hot dogs will be roller-grilled to give it an unforgettable taste! Also, stop at the Pinch Hit Grill on the main concourse and get a Hatfield Bratwurst or Italian Sausage.
- NEW! Philadelphia Water Ice: A long-time partner with the Phillies is now coming to Clearwater. Pick up a cup down either baseline this spring.
- NEW! Tony Luke's Italian Roast Pork Sandwiches: Another Philly favorite heading to spring training, as Tony Luke's mouthwatering sandwich, and a fan favorite, heads to spring training this season.
- NEW! Boardwalk Fries: Both Citizens Bank Park and Philadelphia favorites, Boardwalk Fries will now be served at Bright House Field.
- Thurston's: Fans looking for a sweet treat can grab one of Thurston's famous strawberry shortcakes as well as soft serve ice cream, funnel cakes, fresh lemonade, grilled pretzels, root beer floats and more.
- Delco's Cheesesteaks: Straight from Delaware County and Dunedin, Florida, Delco's has been making the cheesesteaks at Bright House Field since the building opened, making them one of the all-time ballpark favorites.
- Westshore Pizza: The Clearwater area's most popular pizza and the one served at the ballpark, Westshore serves up slices down the first base line of cheese and pepperoni pizza as well as meatball sandwiches.
- Abe's Place Tap and Grill: Abe's will be serving Abe's boneless buffalo wing bites as well as Philly Fries. You won't be able to resist!
- Boston Market: In right field in 2015, Boston Market will feature chicken carver sandwiches, smoothies, brownies and more.
- Boar's Meats: The Cuban Sandwich, a variation of the traditional ham and cheese sandwich made with delicious Boar's Head meats and cheeses, will be served freshly-made in the right field concession stand. Buffalo chicken as well as turkey and swiss cheese wraps made with Boar's Head Meats will also be available.
- Herr's Potato Chips: Longtime Phillies partner Herr's will offer regular, barbecue and sour cream potato chips to compliment every meal at the ballpark.
- Pete and Shorty's: Four slider burgers come in a pack cooked on a bed of grilled onions and topped with mustard and pickles.
- Healthy Options: Fans watching their figures can dine on smooth hummus and pretzels as well as tasty salmon burgers.
- Tastykake: The foundation of freshness direct from Philadelphia is available in Krimpets, Kandy Kakes and Cupcakes.
- Other fan-favorite options include: Hatfield Quality Meats Hot Dogs, J&J Super Pretzels, Brats and Italian Sausages, Dippin' Dots, Brooklyn Kinish, Bavarian pretzels, Malibu Rum Buckets, Jose Cuervo Margarita Bucket, Corona Beach Bar and much more!