CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox released additional promotional dates that commemorate the 10-year anniversary of the 2005 World Series Championship.
The announcement adds to the list of fan favorites and the 2005 World Championship Reunion Weekend, presented by Your Local Ford Stores, on July 17-19 vs. Kansas City. Fans will have the opportunity to collect special promotional items celebrating the 2005 World Series throughout the season, including:
- Bobby Jenks World Series Moment Bobblehead, presented by Comcast SportsNet: The first 20,000 fans will receive a bobblehead portraying Bobby Jenks' celebratory moment on the mound after closing Game 4 of the 2005 World Series. (Saturday, July 4 vs. Baltimore Orioles)
- 2005 World Championship Replica Ring, presented by Miller Lite: The first 20,000 adults (ages 21 and over) will receive a replica 2005 World Series Championship ring. (Saturday, July 18 vs. Kansas City Royals)
- Tailgate Flag, presented by North Star Frozen Treats: The first 10,000 fans will receive a 2005 World Series Commemorative tailgate flag. (Sunday, July 19 vs. Kansas City Royals)
- Scott Podsednik World Series Moment Bobblehead, presented by Wintrust Financial: The first 20,000 fans will receive a bobblehead commemorating Scott Podsednik's walk-off home run in Game 2 of the 2005 World Series. (Saturday, August 1 vs. New York Yankees)
- Jermaine Dye World Series Moment Bobblehead, presented by Pepsi: The first 20,000 fans will receive a bobblehead commemorating Jermaine Dye's game-winning hit up the middle in Game 4 of the 2005 World Series. (Saturday, August 29 vs. Seattle Mariners)
In addition to these promotions, the White Sox added a Fireworks night, presented by Athletico, to the promotional calendar, celebrating the start of the 2005 World Championship Reunion Weekend on Friday, July 17 vs. Kansas City Royals.
Leading up to the Reunion Weekend, fans will have the chance to walk down memory lane on a dedicated 2005 World Series anniversary page on whitesox.com. Videos revisit 2005 game highlights and share behind-the-scenes stories from that special season told at SoxFest 2015 by members of the championship team and front office, including Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf and Executive Vice President Ken Williams.
Additional details and updates about special events and activities honoring the 10-year anniversary will be announced throughout the 2015 season.
The entire White Sox schedule, including promotional dates, is available on the website. Fans also can connect with the White Sox through the team's Facebook page and Twitter (@WhiteSox), which have all the latest news and ticket information.
Individual game tickets to 2015 Chicago White Sox home games at U.S. Cellular Field go on sale to the general public on Friday, February 27 at 10 a.m. by visiting whitesox.com or by calling 866-SOX-GAME. Tickets will be sold online and by phone only on February 27.
The best way to secure seats to 2015 White Sox games is through a season ticket plan or a group sales package, which are both on sale now. Seven, 14, 27 or 81-game ticket plans and group sales packages for the 2015 season can be purchased through whitesox.com or by phone at 312-674-1000.