De Aza has no hard feelings after arbitration loss

De Aza has no hard feelings after arbitration loss

SARASOTA, Fla. -- Alejandro De Aza reported to camp early on Sunday and said there are no hard feelings about losing in arbitration last week.

"Win or lose, life goes on," he said. "Everything is going to be the same."

Still, those hearings can be quite contentious, as the Orioles pointed out why he's not worth what he's asking and his side argued why he is. De Aza will make $5 million in 2015, after he had requested $5.65 million. But he still received a nice raise from the $4.25 million he made last year. De Aza, who was arbitration eligible for the first time this winter, said it wasn't as bad as he had heard from other players.

"I thought it was going to be worse," he said.

As for baseball, De Aza is excited to get a fresh start with Baltimore at the beginning of the year. He will have a more prominent role after the departures of Nick Markakis and Nelson Cruz.

Brittany Ghiroli is the Orioles beat reporter for MLB.com. She has been covering the team since 2010.

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.