SARASOTA, Fla. -- Caleb Joseph left Sunday's workout early, as his wife, Brooke, was taken to a local hospital. She's due with the couple's first child on March 1 and manager Buck Showalter said the hospital visit isn't anything serious.
• Dylan Bundy is slated to start the season at Double-A Bowie, Showalter said. Bundy threw his second bullpen session on Sunday and has no physical restrictions this spring.
• Dane De La Rosa is coming off right meniscus surgery in September, but Showalter said he thinks he will be fine. They'll probably just be a little cautious with him early.
• New Oriole Jayson Nix is expected to report to camp on Monday or Tuesday.
• Brad Brach, who is out of options, could have a "more significant role" this year. Showalter said Brach -- coming off a breakout year -- has a different vibe about him in camp.
"He's experienced some success that you can tell he carries with him," Showalter said. "He knows he can do this and he did it on a pretty big stage last year."
Brach is expected to make the team's bullpen.
• Ryan Webb has lost weight and Showalter noted that it's good weight, as Webb appears to be in better shape. It's a big year for the right-hander, who is trying to make the team. He'll have to be quicker to the plate than he was last year to help his chances.
Brittany Ghiroli is the Orioles beat reporter for MLB.com. She has been covering the team since 2010.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.