The Milwaukee Brewers today announced plans for several new additions to Miller Park, including the arrival of local food favorites Smoke Shack and Holey Moley. Smoke Shack - a slow-smoked barbeque restaurant - will be located on Miller Park's Plaza Pavilion, and Holey Moley - Milwaukee's only craft doughnut shop - will be along the first base side of the Field Level concourse.
Additional upgrades at Miller Park include a Season Seat Holder Headquarters, a Loge Level Ticket and Guest Relations Kiosk, enhancements to the JCI Club Patio, new food options at concession stands and increased Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the ballpark. These projects are in addition to the Selig Experience, which was announced in December.
"Each year we look to bring new amenities to Miller Park to enhance the overall ballpark experience," said Brewers Chief Operating Officer Rick Schlesinger. "We are excited to introduce new and unique dining options this year, along with a designated headquarters for season seat holders, improved connectivity and additional attractions for our fans. Combining these additions with the new Selig Experience, we are confident that the fan experience at Miller Park will continue to be among the best in all of sports."
Details about the new additions and projects at Miller Park include the following:
- A slow-smoked barbeque restaurant, Smoke Shack will bring a selection of their menu to Miller Park, offering fans a variety of regional sauces to accompany their dry-rubbed barbeque that's smoked to perfection. Smoke Shack will offer four options from their menu including three "sammiches" and an appetizer-style dish. The menu will also offer three sides to accompany the main selections. Menu items include Kansas City BBQ eggrolls, Smoked Chicken sammich, Carolina Pulled Pork sammich, BBQ Seitan sammich, and more.
Holey Moley Coffee and Doughnuts
- Holey Moley coffee and doughnuts offers a variety of craft doughnuts including cake, yeast raised, filled, fritters and more. A secret new specialty doughnut sandwich and Brewers-themed doughnuts will debut at the Miller Park location. Locally-roasted, freshly-brewed Hawthorne coffee will also be available.
Season Seat Holder Headquarters
- Located on the Field Level concourse along the first-base side, the Season Seat Holder Headquarters project involves the creation of a new 350-square-foot meeting area. Conveniently located for Season Seat Holders to meet their account executives face to face, the space will also serve as a distribution point for gifts and other items. The headquarters area will provide opportunities for all fans to inquire about the outstanding benefits involved in being a Brewers Season Seat Holder.
Loge Level Ticket and Guest Relations Kiosk
- The Brewers ticket office will be opening up a Loge Level Ticket and Guest Relations Kiosk during all home games for the 2015 season and beyond. The kiosk will supplement the Field Level ticket window by allowing fans to purchase tickets to future games while they attend home games. This kiosk will also be an aid for guest relations during the games, offering assistance to fans. The kiosk will be located on the Loge Level behind sections 221-222.
JCI Club Patio Enhancement
- The JCI Club Patio, which is located on the Club Level along the left-field line, will undergo a facelift for the 2015 season. Improvements include brand new tables and chairs on the patio as well as removing and re-facing countertops.
- Also new for 2015 will be several food options - created by Miller Park's concessionaire, Delaware North, located in various concessions stands throughout the ballpark. In addition to the standard ballpark fare and other creative returning offerings, Delaware North will unveil items for 2015 such as bratchos (see below), bacon on a stick, Italian rope sausage, street tacos, and loaded tater tots, just to name a few. Bratchos is an epic combination of Klement's sausages, kettle chips, cheese, fried sauerkraut, jalapenos and sour cream, all served in a cool Klement's Racing Sausage bucket. In addition, baked potatoes will be featured in additional locations, with new topping options.
Increased Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Throughout the offseason, the Brewers IT department has worked to improve mobile connectivity throughout the stadium, allowing fans to access social media faster and connect with friends more easily. (NOTE: While Wi-Fi service is being significantly enhanced, there will still be limitations on capacity, especially during high-attendance games).
Selig Experience (opening mid-season)
- The "Selig Experience" will be located on Miller Park's Loge Level in the left-field corner. A highlight of the attraction will be a multimedia presentation that tells the story of former Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig's role in saving Major League Baseball in Milwaukee, his successful efforts to bring the Brewers to the city, and his tireless efforts to promote and grow the game in his hometown.
- Miller Park already is known as a premier destination for baseball fans, and the Selig Experience will take that to the next level. It will serve as a year-round attraction, adding another extraordinary enhancement to the overall fan experience.
- The exhibition space totals approximately 1,400 square feet, and will include authentic artifacts from Selig's tenure as the Brewers' owner. It will celebrate the fans' love of the game, as told through the story of the Brewers' founder.
- The main multimedia show builds to a surprising 3D encounter with the Commissioner himself inside an authentic reproduction of Selig's County Stadium office, using a technology found in only a handful of exhibits around the world. After the show, Milwaukee fans will also be delighted to take a sneak peek into Selig's office.