The Pittsburgh Pirates announced today four home game time changes throughout the 2015 season to accommodate national telecast schedules. The following confirmed dates in July and August are scheduled to be telecast nationally from PNC Park on ESPN, FOX or Fox Sports1:
- Saturday, July 11 vs. the St. Louis Cardinals has been changed from 4:05 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. and will be an exclusive FOX national telecast.
- Sunday, July 12 game vs. the St. Louis Cardinals has been selected by ESPN for its exclusive National Sunday Night Baseball telecast. As a result, the first pitch will move from 1:35 p.m. to 8:05 p.m. This will be the second consecutive season the Pirates and Cardinals will square off on Sunday Night Baseball from PNC Park as the two played the national event on Sunday, May 11, 2014.
- Saturday, August 8 vs. the Los Angeles Dodgers has been moved from the originally-scheduled time of 7:05 p.m. to 4:05 p.m. to accommodate the national telecast on FoxSports1.
- Saturday, August 22 vs. the San Francisco Giants has also been moved from the originally-scheduled time of 7:05 p.m. to 4:05 p.m. to accommodate the national telecast on FoxSports1.
In addition to the above changes, the Sunday, October 4 game vs. the Cincinnati Reds at PNC Park has been changed to 3:05 p.m. as part of a Major League Baseball-wide initiative.
Due to the earlier start times, the scheduled Zambelli Fireworks displays following the two games in August will not be possible. As a result, the Pirates have announced the following adjustments to the 2015 promotional schedule:
- Saturday, August 8 will now feature the postgame Fan Jam concert presented by Highmark, originally scheduled for October 3. (The featured performer will be announced at a later date.)
- A postgame Zambelli Fireworks display has been added to the Saturday, October 3 date after the Pirates play host to the Cincinnati Reds at 7:05 p.m.
- An additional postgame Zambelli Fireworks display is now scheduled for Wednesday, June 24 as the Pirates host the Cincinnati Reds at 7:05 p.m.