DENVER -- Select players, manager Walt Weiss and general manager Jeff Bridich will set out Jan. 23 to meet fans in Colorado Springs, Albuquerque, N.M., Boise, Idaho, and Salt Lake City, Utah, during the Rockies 2015 Caravan.
The caravan will provide opportunities for fans and media who may not be in attendance for Rockies Fest, an all-day event at Coors Field next Saturday. The visits to Albuquerque and Boise will celebrate the Rockies' new affiliations with those cities' Minor League teams, the Triple-A Albuquerque Isotopes and the Class A Short Season Boise Hawks.
All details and times are not set, but here is the schedule of caravan stops:
• Jan. 23 in Colorado Springs at the Rockies Dugout Store for autographs -- 5230 N. Nevada Ave., Suite #140.
• Jan. 26 at Isotopes Park in Albuquerque for a photo opportunity, and television and radio appearances.
• Jan. 27 in Salt Lake City for radio and television interviews.
• Jan. 27 at Memorial Stadium in Boise.
• Jan. 28 in Grand Junction for a luncheon with staff, boosters and host families of the Grand Junction Rockies Rookie-level club.
Information on players involved in the caravan will be released in the coming days.
Thomas Harding is a reporter for MLB.com. Read his blog, Hardball in the Rockies, follow him on Twitter @harding_at_mlb, and like his Facebook page, Thomas Harding and Friends at www.Rockies.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.