Overall, 100,000 students take part in the above programs, but only top participants receive a Phillies visit.
PHILLIES JANUARY SCHOOL VISITS
- Wednesday, January 14th (Be a Phanatic About Reading) - 2:00 p.m.; Highland Park Elementary - 8301 West Chester Pike, Upper Darby, PA 19082
- Thursday, January 15th (Phillies Phitness) - 10:40 a.m.; Mayfair Elementary School 3001 Princeton Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19149; 8th Graders
- Tuesday, January 27th (Phillies Phitness) - 9:45 a.m.; Walnut St. Elementary School
224 South 6th Street, Darby, PA 19023; 4th and 5th Graders
- Wednesday, January 28th (Be a Phanatic About Reading) - 10:30 a.m.; All Saints Episcopal School - 9601 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19114
- Thursday, January 29th (Be a Phanatic About Reading) - 12:30 p.m.; Burlington County Special Services Elementary - 60 Pioneer Blvd, Mt. Holly, NJ 08060
- Friday, January 30th (Be a Phanatic About Reading) - 2:30 p.m.; Belmont Hills Elementary - 200 School St, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
ABOUT PHILLIES BE A PHANATIC ABOUT READING Visits:
Be a Phanatic About Reading, presented by Comcast encourages children in grades K-8 to improve their literacy skills by reading at least 15 minutes a day.
- Participating classrooms receive pencils, bookmarks, and posters to use as incentives.
- The Phillie Phanatic will make special visits to the top performing schools of the program. Teachers will record students' progress on an evaluation form which will be a factor in deciding which schools receive a visit from the Phanatic.
- On Friday, May 29th, the Phillies will honor the ten Most Outstanding Readers and ten Most Improved Readers during our annual Be a Phanatic About Reading Night. All fans 14 & under will receive the latest Phanatic book in the children's series courtesy of Comcast. In addition, new and gently used children's books will be collected at all gates to benefit PHILADELPHIA READS.
- For more information please visit phillies.com/education or e-mail email@example.com.
ABOUT PHILLIES PHITNESS Visits:
From getting in shape to staying healthy, students will join their school's physical education teacher, Phillies front office staff and NovaCare Rehabilitation Trainers for a unique interactive program designed to put the "phun" into fitness.
- Students take part in various activities including relay races, jumping rope, and ladder drills, all participants will receive a Phillies Phitness, wristband, magnet, and jump rope.
- Area students taking part in this interactive fitness program are learning about steps they can take now to help ensure a healthy future.
- Children from kindergarten through high school learn about the importance of being active through both exercise and activities that they take part in everyday as well as the importance of making smart food choices. Registrations are still being accepted for the remainder of the school year.
- On Wednesday, August 26th, the Phillies will honor top participants at Phillies Phitness Night at Citizens Bank Park. The evening will also include activities and information around the ballpark provided by NovaCare Rehabilitation.