CINCINNATI - FOX Sports Ohio Redsfest presented by PNC Bank drew 18,133 fans to the Duke Energy Convention Center on Dec. 5 and 6.
"Redsfest continues to be the best team celebration in all of baseball," said Phil Castellini, Reds Chief Operating Officer. "Our fans' interaction with our 78 players, coaches and broadcasters filled all three levels of the Duke Energy Convention Center with all things Reds baseball and we couldn't be happier with the experience."
Highlights from 2014 Redsfest include:
• 78 current and former players, coaches, minor leaguers and broadcasters appeared including Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce, Aroldis Chapman, Johnny Cueto, Todd Frazier, Billy Hamilton, Devin Mesoraco, Brandon Phillips and Joey Votto.
• The local chapter of the Baseball Writers' Association of America named pitcher Johnny Cueto the winner of the Ernie Lombardi Award as the team's Most Valuable Player and the Johnny Vander Meer Most Outstanding Pitcher Award.
• Catcher Brayan Peña received the BBWAA's Joe Nuxhall Good Guy Award.
• Programming on the Redsfest Main Stage featured players taking part in Kids-Only Press Conferences, the Redsfest Cooking Show, Reds Family Feud and more.
• Local 12 WKRC TV reporter Adam Clements teamed with minor league pitcher Raisel Iglesias to win the Celebrity Wiffle Ball Home Run Contest.
• Brian Oberst of Newburgh, Ind. outlasted 630 poker players to win first place and the $11,000 top prize in the ninth annual Prestige Audio Visual & Creative Services Reds Community Fund Celebrity Poker Tournament presented by Ashlee Fence.
Photo galleries and video highlights from Redsfest can be found at reds.com.
Proceeds from Redsfest benefit the Reds Community Fund and its baseball-themed outreach programs.
Redsfest 2015 is scheduled for Dec. 4 and 5 at the Duke Energy Convention Center.